Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Think I'm ready to wean, She's not! Help

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM
  • 3 Replies

My DD is 26mo! And still nurses a lot during the day and night!

I loved my nursing experience this time around! I just feel as thought it is really taking a toll on me now. I'd really like to wean her, But Don't know where to start! I don't want to do cold turkey. She is very attached to me & my "na na" Any advice would be greatly appreciated :-)

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
rwebb11
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Slowly cut down one feeding at a time. Cut down one feeding for 2 or 3 days, then cut down another. It can take several weeks to wean without being in pain. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this
First decide what is more important to you to cut out, day or night. Work on that first. I've actually never had to night wean so I'll let others give advice on that one. I know having Dad take over night duty if possible is ideal.

For daytime pick some regular times you are ok with nursing and limit nursing to only those times. Like in the morning and before sleepy times only perhaps. The rest of the day you distract & delay to try to wait til it's time.After you are solidly nursing at only set times, you start cutting back on how long you nurse until you cut them out one at a time.
Good luck and congratulations!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

For me, waht I needed to  go first was the night nursing. If this is the case for you, then read this great article on night weaning a toddler!

http://drjaygordon.com/attachment/sleeppattern.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)