Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

YOU ARE DISGUSTING! PUT YOUR TITTY AWAY!

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:26 AM
  • 13 Replies

So, me and a friend were at WalMart today and I just have to share. I was shocked and had to say something. I usually dont get involved but lets just blame this on my pregnancy hormones.

We were browsing the baby section at WalMart and had seen this mother breastfeeding her very young baby under a blanket that was draped over her shoulder. Nothing was exposed at all and she was minding her own business. Me and friend are in the next isle and we hear  "YOU ARE DISGUSTING! PUT YOUR TITTY AWAY! WHAT IF THAT BLANKET WERE TO FALL AND MY SON SEEN YOUR TITTY!? YOURE A PIG!"

I HAD to go around the corner to see this much larger woman standing there with her hands on her hips staring at this poor terrified mother. I walk up and say "She's a pig? I've never seen anything more disgusting than the way you are acting right now." She snapped back with "What is your fata$$ going to do" ....really now....I'm 33 weeks pregnant. Ugh. I said "Not let you verbally abuse this woman any further" and I yelled "We need employee assistance over here" Because this woman kept getting closer and closer to me and the mom like she was going to swing at us, her size (tall and just large) was very intimidating. I feared for the baby and wasnt even thinking I'm pregnant! lol. A few seconds later two male employees show up and make the woman leave the store. I didnt realize it until later but my friend had already hollered for assistance and they already knew the issue.

The poor mom was crying and I offered to hold her baby while she cleaned her face up. She thanked me and we went about our shopping.

Im still amazed by how this woman acted....everything was completely uncalled for.

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissTacoBell
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:28 AM
Good on you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellaamore
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Some people are just terrible.

ruby_jewel_04
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:32 AM
I'm glad you said something. What a bitch. She is the type that doesn't need kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ncohetero
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:35 AM
Good for u. What a rude, ignorant woman.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
This story seems a little TOO over the top to me...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudArmySister
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Wow that's crazy. I am 100% positive that same woman never complained to the walmart employees about having swimswuit magazines on display for her child to see. Some people are so ignorant! Good for you for standing up for a fellow nursing Mama!

justone_jen
by Jen on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:36 AM
I'm ashamed to say that I have not yet hit a level of maturity which would allow me to remain respectful in a situation like this. You did well. That poor mother.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Jen on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Was thinking the same, but then, I've never had a rude comment.

Maybe mom should use the double shirt method, haha. Those covers seem to draw attention!

Quoting larissalarie:

This story seems a little TOO over the top to me...
liltrippymom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:38 AM
You rock
sdunaway08
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I'm going to give thanks to being on the High School debate team lol. You have to stay respectful even when you want to vag punch the opponent lol.

Quoting justone_jen:

I'm ashamed to say that I have not yet hit a level of maturity which would allow me to remain respectful in a situation like this. You did well. That poor mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)