Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

help me before i go crazy

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:49 AM
  • 35 Replies
My ds is 7.5weeks and he is a super funny baby specially at night. He starts at about 11pm and doesnt stop sometimes till 6am. He isn't hungry ,wet, cold or needing burped.. idk what to do i feel so frustrated i cant make him stop crying.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytotwinz
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:59 AM

could be colic try holding him on his stomach on ur forearm. not sure if im really explaining it right i hope i am. also try putting him in a swing that helped my son as well. my mom said car rides used to help me but i never tried that

SaraSnider
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:09 AM
None of it helps he hates everything, i swear he is trying to kill me :( my mom cant even figure him out. I tried rubbing his belly, knee bends, side laying, belly, back, binkys, gas drops, patting him, feeding, changing his butt, and all the regular stuff but he wont stop screaming. Its making my dd and i crazy grumpy people lol Wednesday when i get money im going to get gripe water see if that makes a difference.

Quoting mommytotwinz:

could be colic try holding him on his stomach on ur forearm. not sure if im really explaining it right i hope i am. also try putting him in a swing that helped my son as well. my mom said car rides used to help me but i never tried that

mommytotwinz
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:13 AM

i know it sounds crazy and impossible but try to relax he can sense ur tension and that just makes him more cranky. have you tried skin to skin? i know when my ds is inconsoleable skin to skin is the only thing that calms him down. the nurse in the hospital told me its because the sound or your heartbeat is soothing to him. if you get too overwhelmed put him in a safe place leave the room and close the door for a few minutes just to regain composure an upset mommy makes for an even more upset baby

Quoting SaraSnider:

None of it helps he hates everything, i swear he is trying to kill me :( my mom cant even figure him out. I tried rubbing his belly, knee bends, side laying, belly, back, binkys, gas drops, patting him, feeding, changing his butt, and all the regular stuff but he wont stop screaming. Its making my dd and i crazy grumpy people lol Wednesday when i get money im going to get gripe water see if that makes a difference.

Quoting mommytotwinz:

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
SaraSnider
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:20 AM
I try laying him on my chest but he wont be quit so after a few minutes i have to move him away from that close to my face because screaming in my face drives me nuts. I try and just breath and tell myself he cant help it. I have had to lay im in his bounce sit and let him cry for a few minutes before trying again. Idk how much longer i will last, noone will watch him hardly because he just screams. My mom took him for about 4 hours before he drove her crazy and she brought him up to me :/

Quoting mommytotwinz:

i know it sounds crazy and impossible but try to relax he can sense ur tension and that just makes him more cranky. have you tried skin to skin? i know when my ds is inconsoleable skin to skin is the only thing that calms him down. the nurse in the hospital told me its because the sound or your heartbeat is soothing to him. if you get too overwhelmed put him in a safe place leave the room and close the door for a few minutes just to regain composure an upset mommy makes for an even more upset baby

Quoting SaraSnider:

Quoting mommytotwinz:

mommytotwinz
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:26 AM

im sorry your going through this. i was lucky when my son had colic i had a huge support system there to help and since i had colic as a baby both my mom and dad had enough experience to be able to help out a lot. try some calming music as well. i remember my nana telling me once that when i was really cranky my uncle would put on mozart really really low and play it near me. she claimed that helped me. not sure if its true i never had to go that far with my ds. i lived with my mom and when things got really bad she would come and take him and magically make him stop crying... still cant figure out how she did it to this day lol

Quoting SaraSnider:

I try laying him on my chest but he wont be quit so after a few minutes i have to move him away from that close to my face because screaming in my face drives me nuts. I try and just breath and tell myself he cant help it. I have had to lay im in his bounce sit and let him cry for a few minutes before trying again. Idk how much longer i will last, noone will watch him hardly because he just screams. My mom took him for about 4 hours before he drove her crazy and she brought him up to me :/

Quoting mommytotwinz:

Quoting SaraSnider:

Quoting mommytotwinz:

SaraSnider
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:32 AM
I live with my mom and she is really helpful usually but her teeth are bad right now and making her feel really sick so i hate to have her hurt. My dad tells me i cant do anything else except lay him down and let him cio but then my sister sits there and gives me the im a horrible mom look. I just cant handle this, he is fussing in my moms arms right now ugh i may just give him away lol

Quoting mommytotwinz:

im sorry your going through this. i was lucky when my son had colic i had a huge support system there to help and since i had colic as a baby both my mom and dad had enough experience to be able to help out a lot. try some calming music as well. i remember my nana telling me once that when i was really cranky my uncle would put on mozart really really low and play it near me. she claimed that helped me. not sure if its true i never had to go that far with my ds. i lived with my mom and when things got really bad she would come and take him and magically make him stop crying... still cant figure out how she did it to this day lol

Quoting SaraSnider:

Quoting mommytotwinz:

Quoting SaraSnider:

Quoting mommytotwinz:

lifetimelove
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:36 AM
Do you have overactive letdown?

Have you tried wearing him in a sling or a wrap?

Do you eat a lot of dairy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytotwinz
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:38 AM

just remember things will get easier. i remember when ds was like that i felt like it would never be over but it did eventually get better. i never tried the cio method just because i couldnt handle it. try talking to him super gently and low. also i know not all bf moms will suggest this but have you tried a binky? that can sometimes help and newest ds will not go to sleep in his bassinet without his bink. although newest ds has nipple confusion so that might not help but i was told after a month its fine to introduce other types of nips but not too sure on that. also could he be sick? have you checked his temp?

Quoting SaraSnider:

I live with my mom and she is really helpful usually but her teeth are bad right now and making her feel really sick so i hate to have her hurt. My dad tells me i cant do anything else except lay him down and let him cio but then my sister sits there and gives me the im a horrible mom look. I just cant handle this, he is fussing in my moms arms right now ugh i may just give him away lol

Quoting mommytotwinz:

Quoting SaraSnider:

Quoting mommytotwinz:

Quoting SaraSnider:

Quoting mommytotwinz:

cowgirls10181
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:41 AM
My dd was similar i put her in a baby carrier and just held her while she cried. My son we used a warm rice bag on his stomach the weight and warmth helped his gas. Does he poop first thing in the morning, and has he been pooping regurly?
cowgirls10181
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:44 AM
Forgot to add does he scream louder if you rub his ears? Like behind the ear. Could be an infection

Currently im at a loss my dd who is 1 refuses to sleep i her bed or mine, i have to sit up and hold her all night. Is sucks but we sleep in the reclyner occ i put her in her bed, she wakes and screams! Eventually they work through the problem or we figure out a solution tell then we are crazy moms.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)