Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Reheating BM question...

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 6 Replies
So my sister has a friend visiting that has a 4 month old... She said when she reheats her milk she wont do it in the storage bags. She takes the milk out of the bags and puts It in a bottle then sticks the bottle in warm water to heat it up... I've always just reheated it in the storage bag then put it in the bottle... She claims it takes away antibodies that way. I havent been able to find anything to support that. I dont see the difference between storage bags vs. Bottle... anybody else heard of this????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Either way is dandy, actually. Yes, stuff sticks to the sides of whatever you store in. But it's truly not enough to be concrned about.

Both of you are doing it right. Carry on.

divinedimension
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:36 PM

never heard of this, no

maggiemom2000
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:37 PM

The reason why you can't find any research to support her theory is because there is none. Some antibodies are destroyed either way, bag or bottle, makes no difference. It is not worth making a stink, you do it your way and she does it hers. 

loveabi
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Thank ya!!

Quoting gdiamante:

Either way is dandy, actually. Yes, stuff sticks to the sides of whatever you store in. But it's truly not enough to be concrned about.

Both of you are doing it right. Carry on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loveabi
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:49 PM
I hadn't until today...

Quoting divinedimension:

never heard of this, no

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loveabi
by Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Sweet, Thanks!!! I was just double checking to make sure I didn't need to change my way of doing things...

Quoting maggiemom2000:

The reason why you can't find any research to support her theory is because there is none. Some antibodies are destroyed either way, bag or bottle, makes no difference. It is not worth making a stink, you do it your way and she does it hers. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)