Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Breast pumps

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:40 AM
  • 2 Replies

I have a Medela In Style breast pump. it was given to me. I saw that other post about the mold and realized i don't really know anything about breast pumps. What is a close system? What is an open system?

I am still pregnant so i haven't used the pump yet. I am a SAHM so i was only going to use the pump if necessary.

So where do i go to learn about how to properly care for my pump and anything else i might need to know?

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
LucyHourglass
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I posted a link in that thread with a video showing how to clean it. just clean it with alcohol after each use and you will be fine. :)

LucyHourglass
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:50 AM

also, clean the tubing, that seems like just maybe runnning hot water through it would be enough?

oh and a closed system is when no milk goes iin the tubes, an open system milk goes in the tubes. i was under the impression that medela was a closed system but i was wrong. no biggie though, just clean it.

Get free stuff on listia!!!

yes it IS legit. sign up and get 600 credits.

(Listia is a site where you put items you have already up for auction, people bid credits. You then use those credits to bid on items you would like - its a new take on bartering or swapping. ) :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)