Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

May be tmi but just worried.

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:14 AM
  • 10 Replies
My son is 4&half months old. I had sex for the first time a week ago. Shouldn't have happened but did. Well I EBF I haven't had a period yet. I'm also on the mini pill. We were stupid&got caught in the moment didnt use protection..but he didnt cum...I've heard you can get pregnant with pre cum...I'm probably freaking out for no reason but how do I tell when to test when I've had no period to tell me if I'll be late or not...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:20 AM
If Ur on the pill, then u wouldn't worry about it. That's What it's for.
GirlInTheFedora
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:22 AM
I've heard a lot of stories about woman getting pregnant on the pill... Just freaked out I guess..
happymom6
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:24 AM

There is no right time to test... Maybe try testing after a few weeks...

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Give it a couple of weeks and then test. Very likely you're worried over nothing. But a test will clear your worries. And I don't read TMI here. We reserve those initials very strictly for bank info and phone numbers. Everything else is fair game!

dark_xiii_angel
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:32 AM
I was on the mini pill and breastfeeding when I got pregnant. My son was 14.5 months when I had my only period and I was pregnant 3 months later. Good luck. To ease your mind I would buy the cheap tests and test every month.
melindabelcher
by mel on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:37 AM
I test monthly.
Sounds like some unneeded fears :)
Taking the pill at the same time every day plus ebf a baby under 6mo your chances of conceiving are extremely rare.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:34 PM
I test every 3 weeks when I'm not cycling; I got my first post-partum period when my dd was 26 months old. Strip tests online are usually less than $10 for 20,25 tests.

2 weeks after a *successful* sex act, you'll likely see a + already.
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Make sure you take it at precisely the same time every single day. There is no margin of error with the mini pill. If you're taking it with complete consistency, and exclusively breastfeeding, the odds of pregnancy are slim. It's not 100%, but the odds are against it.

Quoting GirlInTheFedora:

I've heard a lot of stories about woman getting pregnant on the pill... Just freaked out I guess..
Kaybean
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:41 PM
What was the point in even having sex if he wasn't going to finish anyway? That's kinda odd. Anyway, why are you saying you shouldn't have had sex? There's nothing wrong with having a sex life, especially after 4.5 months from having your baby. If you're on the pill and take it correctly, why are you so worried? You're creaking out for no reason. You're on the pill and he didn't even get off, so calm down. If you do want to take a test (even though there isn't really even a need to), you need to wait about 2 weeks after unprotected sex, which is when most women would have missed a period.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Quatrekins
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Whenever DH and I had an 'oopsie' love session, I would just wait 2-4 weeks to test, assuming that if I ovulated then, I would more than likely be pregnant in that time frame.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)