Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

How is it different?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:09 AM
  • 6 Replies
My dd is 17 months and AF has been back for 5 months now. I am usually between 28-30 days and it is day 33. I'm not going to ask if anyone knows I'm pregnant, because you won't know that.
What I would like to know is, are pregnancy symptoms different than when you aren't bf?
I am occasionally naseasous and my sense of smell is very heightened like I am while prego. My boobs don't hurt, but not sure if thats because I am still bf my dd about 3-4 times during the day and 2-3 at night.
CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
graycalico
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:11 AM
My symptoms have been the same but my boobs haven't been tender or gotten bigger. I am almost 8 weeks preggo and breast feeding my 14 month old.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:22 AM
Quoting graycalico:

My symptoms have been the same but my boobs haven't been tender or gotten bigger. I am almost 8 weeks preggo and breast feeding my 14 month old.

Hmmm. Sounds like me. This, if I am prego, will be baby 6 but child 4 (2 miscarriages). The other ones were very far apart, like 9 and 7 years, that I wasn't bf during them. This is all new territory for me.
graycalico
by Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:29 AM
My first two were spaced almost twelve years, so I know what you mean.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EslingerCrew11
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:36 AM
Just remember, EVERY pregnancy for any woman can be different. Even if the ones before mirrored each other, a new pregnancy CAN be different. Your best bet is just to test.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Much of the time they're exactly the same, actually. Or they're nonexistent.

It's quite normal for breastfeeding to have your cycle suddenly go off kilter.

almondpigeon
by Amanda on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I got pregnant when my youngest was 14 months...the symptoms were exactly the same for me....even the sore boobs.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)