Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Pregnancy test....

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:19 PM
  • 8 Replies
I'm currently breastfeeding my 11mth old and felt a little off the last couple of days. So I took a pregnant test and guess what.... PREGNANT!!

So with that being said, I have had a period off and on for the last 11mths nothing with a schedule. So i jave no idea how far along I would be. Can the test be wrong since I'm breastfeeding and throw the hormones off?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
K8wizzo
by Kate on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Breastfeeding will NOT cause a positive pregnancy test.  Call your ob or midwife. :)  Congratulations!

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Nov. 26, 2012 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep, what she said, ^^^ including the congratulations! ;-). Early ultrasounds are fairly accurate at dating fetal development stages and ages. I always test every 3 weeks, so I can't get too far ahead if myself and end up on the "I didn't even Know I was Pregnant" show.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Nov. 26, 2012 at 4:28 PM
No breastfeeding hormones are entirely different from preggo hormones.... congrats!
melindabelcher
by mel on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Congrats!!
Call your midwife/ob.
I test monthly
melindabelcher
by mel on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Just curious why every 3?

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Yep, what she said, ^^^ including the congratulations! ;-). Early ultrasounds are fairly accurate at dating fetal development stages and ages. I always test every 3 weeks, so I can't get too far ahead if myself and end up on the "I didn't even Know I was Pregnant" show.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Because every *2* weeks would have been just obsessive!  ;-)  Really, no scientific method to it. I just thought 3 weeks would keep my bases covered and I'd never be more than 2 weeks along gestationally. I didn't get af until my dd was 26 months old, and charting symptoms, I can tell you I was pretty darned infertile for even the first couple months after af. That's a lot of tests. 

Quoting melindabelcher:

Just curious why every 3?

Quoting mostlymaydays:

collinsmommy0
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Congrats! A positive is a positive!
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Nov. 26, 2012 at 7:53 PM
congrats! I had one period before I conceived my second and had no idea when my period was so they did an ultrasound determine the due date...actually my cycle was off for my third too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN