Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

When is breastmilk not enough?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:40 PM
  • 7 Replies

Emmy is a year old now (as of the 21st) and she's still not very interested in food. I mean, she eats (we did/do BLW) and knows how to.. lol.. but it's just bites here and there. She's yet to finish anything I've given her (and I don't even give her much).
She's still nursing at least 5 times during the day and 3 at night... all of which, I'm fine with. I'm just curious how long a 95% breastmilk diet will be enough for her. :P Not planning on weaning ANY time soon.. Just want to know when she'll NEED food.
.... and now that I'm typing all of this out, I'm realizing that she'll probably start eating more when she needs more.... lol... right?

Thanks for any advice :D (btw, she's my 4th baby, but my first to get to/past a year BFing!!! YAY!) 

by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jjchick75
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:48 PM
2 moms liked this

You answered your own question. She'll eat more when she needs more, that is the point of BLW lol. It's different with every child. My 4 year old wasn't at all interested in solids until 18 months. He would eat a bite or 2 but mostly he just played. But after he hit 18 months I started to notice him eating more and more. With my twins they were pigs from the start! They would eat anything and everything I gave them and at 2 are still that way. My 10 month has very little interest in doing anything with solids other than throwing them lol. There is nothing to worry about. Just keep offering and when she's ready she'll eat more.

collinsmommy0
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:02 PM
Yeah no worries. She will start eating more when she's ready. I've been offering DS 3 'meals' & snacks since he was about 12-13 months old & he started eating more around 14 months (then refused solids while teething for 2 weeks). He has days now that he barely eats any solid food & other days when he snacks & eats all day long (18 months)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:09 PM

^^what they said

melliesmemories
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:36 PM
What's blw?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:22 AM

BLW = Baby Led Weaning.

divinedimension
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Until she is ready. As long as you are trying to feed her at least once a day by then, it's fine. Baby led solids is always the way to handle it.

Bree0922
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Okay :) Thanks ladies.. I know, I did answer my own question.. LOL.. I guess I'm just looking for reassurance :P

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)