Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I need encouragement :(

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:23 AM
  • 4 Replies

I just wish nursing was easy for us :(  My nipples hurt, all I do is feed Evie or pump, but it's still not enough to keep my supply up.  My hands hurt from doing compressions, my poor boobies are bruised...  It just makes it so hard to keep remembering how worth it breastmilk is!  Evie spent hours screaming last night til DH gave her a bottle while I was sleeping, which finally calmed her enough to sleep, but now she is even crankier at the breast and it doesn't help that my cold has hurt my supply.  I am getting sooooo tempted to just pump, but I remember how inconvenient that was :/

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Crystal_S
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:44 AM

It took me 3 months to establish a good BF relationship with my DS (now 9 months). We went thru latch issues, early teething, thrush, cluster feeding and much more. Im glad I stuck with it (the ladies in the group have been my motivation since my family and friends arent so dedicated). I totally agree with you that pumping is super inconventient so for that reason with all the other great things about breastfeeding - Stick with it mama! Do you know why your nipples hurt or why your having troubles?? 

justone_jen
by Jen on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Hugs. How old is baby? Can you give us more background about your supply issues?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:52 AM

You have been doing so well. Remember, one drop = success and you have succeeded many times over.

Travelbugg
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Keep at it. Sooo worth it for baby, and though it's hard, you'll miss it when it's gone. Breastfeeding, once you master it, is such an amazing and empowering feeling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN