Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

baby wearing

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:52 AM
  • 13 Replies

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a great sling for baby wearing for a breastfeeding mama.  Number two is on its way and I really want to baby wear a lot and breastfeed - all while chasing after my dd.  :)  I know it's not really a breastfeeding question - but I figured you mamas would have some good suggestions.  

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 6:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Maya wrap, moby wrap, ring sling... all good choices.

MayFlowerMomma
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

The moby wrap! I love it! I also have a baby bijorn and a hip sling. Just watch the videos and decide which one you would be able to do with no problem. I can put LO in the moby and chase after a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old

Jstoddard98
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:52 AM

I have a baby bjorn but it hurts my back once the baby starts to get heavy.  I'll def look into the moby wrap and the hip sling!  

Quoting MayFlowerMomma:

The moby wrap! I love it! I also have a baby bijorn and a hip sling. Just watch the videos and decide which one you would be able to do with no problem. I can put LO in the moby and chase after a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old

melindabelcher
by mel on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
We love our babyette ring sling and boba. We also have a mei tai style and woven wrap.
Be careful of the crotch dangler style(bjorn-ish) theyre not good for baby or wearers
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
charlottemommy
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Moby wrap and Ergo carrier allow you to carry while BF hands free discreetly. I also have a baby bjorn but there is debate about it affecting the babys hip alignment which may in turn affect walking. My first born is fine after basically living in the bjorn his first year and he was delayed in walking but also preterm. The bjorn doesn't allow BF or not that I was able to figure out.
Jstoddard98
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Thanks for the tips!!!

cpflum08
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm wearing my 2 week old in my Beco right now, I nursed her yesterday walking around target in it:) I also have a Moby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jstoddard98
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Just curious- do you still like your Beco?

Quoting cpflum08:

I'm wearing my 2 week old in my Beco right now, I nursed her yesterday walking around target in it:) I also have a Moby.

aehanrahan
by Group Mod - Amy on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I loved my mei tai. I didn't get it until 6 months, so I'm not sure how well it would work with a newborn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pteranodon
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I love my moby. But I've heard that the k'tan is just like the moby but easier.

I've also hear that ring slings are best for nursing
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN