Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH wants me to breast feed, but.....

Posted by   + Show Post

good morningNeeding some advise.... I have a 7 year old son from a past relationship. With him i did not breast feed i didnt even attempt it either. We just recently found out we were expecting. My DH is really wanting me to breast feed. Ive said that i would try it out. But then there are times were im just like no im just going to bottle feed. Yes i know all the pros about breast feeding but in some ways to me it grosses me out the fact that my child is sucking on my breast. I dont know.... i know this is weird and selfish. i just need some help on making the right choice. PLEASE HELP!!!  embarrassed

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Replies (21-30):
piwife
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Remember age doesn't have to do anything. I know moms who had kids at 15 or 16 and breastfeed and moms in their 30 who didn't even try. Its more about support, education and wanting too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissAngel13
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Quoting gdiamante:

Quoting MissAngel13:

Jus curious because i work full time mon-fri. as far as baby sitter. I know i can pump but will i have enough time to pump when LO isnt eating. enough to support my child throughout the day that im at work.. i guess i just have lots of questions regarding breast feeding. As far as how it works out...

You pump while you're separated. Once for every three hours, 15 minutes setup to teardown of the pump. It will be far less expensive than formula.

You can also pump WHILE baby is eating. No, it doesn't take away from baby. The breast is sort of like your faucet... keep the faucet turned on and the water keeps flowing!

Stop by the bookstore for a copy of "So That's What They're For" by Janet Tamaro. It's a great basic book and will settle many of your concerns.

WOW! i didnt know you could do both. You are full of lots of good info. I really appreciate all your advice. Thank you for the book recommendations i am going to get it and probably a few others about breast fedding. If you have and more adice PLEASE PLEASE share!!! thank you so much

audmom1218
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
The womanly art of breastfeeding is another good one. Both are my go to gifts for baby showers!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissAngel13
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Quoting piwife:

Remember age doesn't have to do anything. I know moms who had kids at 15 or 16 and breastfeed and moms in their 30 who didn't even try. Its more about support, education and wanting too

No no i didnt mean anything about the age thing when i said i was only 18. i just ment that at that time in my life i wasnt even thinking about breast feeding... any advice that came my way i didnt even listen just because my mind was stuck on IM GOING TO FORMULA FEED. you know, but this time with the wonderful support i have from my DH and him being so into me breast feeding it makes me feel better about it... :)

jenesis915
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

it feels better after you try i felt weird at first it gets easier believe me try not to over think it or even think about it till you do it lol 

pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:36 PM
2 moms liked this
For me it wasn't even a choice. I didn't want formula any where near my so, I even developed an irrational fear I would die before my son turned a year and he would be given formula...

Breastfeeding is not gross! It is natural and the best for your baby, exactly what your baby deserves. You should at least give it a try and set small goals like 3 weeks, 3 months, 6 months and so on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:39 PM
I'm 19 had DS at 18 and am currently bfing him and plan to let him self wean.

Quoting piwife:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Nov. 28, 2012 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this
It doesn't feel like sex. And it's an amazing bonding experience! Like gdiamante said, 15 minutes every 3 hours to pump. And all you need is 1-1.25 oz per hour you are away. Never anymore. I ff my first too... 7 years ago. I have to tell you it is so much easier to breastfeed. It's cheaper. You don't run out. Spit up and poop smells better (not great but better than with formula). Less gas and constipation. And it doesn't stain clothes like formula did
Nolanzo
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay I'm so happy you are giving bf serious consideration this time around :)

I'm going to be exclusively pumping this time around with new DD and I have a lot of questions too.... I joined the group Exclusively Pumping mommies for more info and while you sound like you wont have to, they usually have great advice about pumping for when u go back to work... as do these lovely omnicient breastfeeding ladies here :)

So happy to see another's baby possibly avoiding formula... always a good thing IMO. :)
MissAngel13
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Nolanzo:

Yay I'm so happy you are giving bf serious consideration this time around :)

I'm going to be exclusively pumping this time around with new DD and I have a lot of questions too.... I joined the group Exclusively Pumping mommies for more info and while you sound like you wont have to, they usually have great advice about pumping for when u go back to work... as do these lovely omnicient breastfeeding ladies here :)

So happy to see another's baby possibly avoiding formula... always a good thing IMO. :)

I think ill go ahead and join that group too. Yes everybodies been pretty helpful. Im really excited to talk to my husband more about it just to let him know that ive decided it would be better to go ahead and try to BF.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)