Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH wants me to breast feed, but.....

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:56 AM
  • 50 Replies

good morningNeeding some advise.... I have a 7 year old son from a past relationship. With him i did not breast feed i didnt even attempt it either. We just recently found out we were expecting. My DH is really wanting me to breast feed. Ive said that i would try it out. But then there are times were im just like no im just going to bottle feed. Yes i know all the pros about breast feeding but in some ways to me it grosses me out the fact that my child is sucking on my breast. I dont know.... i know this is weird and selfish. i just need some help on making the right choice. PLEASE HELP!!!  embarrassed

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmidian
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:27 AM
3 moms liked this

I did formula with my first too because i was just too nervous to breast feed but I just had my daughter a week ago and am breast feeding for the first time and after you start it's not weird at all anymore and all those fears go away. it's a lot easier than you think and a lot easier than having to do the whole formula and bottle thing. i felt the same way you do but that fear goes away instantly when you start and they help you get started and feel comfortable in the hospital  after you have the baby :)

Duquesne
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:31 AM
4 moms liked this
Believe it or not, female mammals have breasts/nipples to feed their young, not for Dad's play. (That's a side benefit) That line of thought helps some realize breasts aren't created inherently sexual.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Jen on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:38 AM
4 moms liked this
Breasts are present for the nourishment of young mammals. Unfortunately, society is conditioned to view them as sex objects.

Ultimately, it's your choice, but there's nothing gross about nursing. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Frosting
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

It's the most natural and normal thing in the world.  Our society is just messed up making it into something negative.  Don't let it get you down and stop you.

MissAngel13
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Thank you all for your feedback. I am a little more interested in breast feeding now that im older and i am more educated about it. I was only 18 when i had my DS.

MissAngel13
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting luvmidian:

I did formula with my first too because i was just too nervous to breast feed but I just had my daughter a week ago and am breast feeding for the first time and after you start it's not weird at all anymore and all those fears go away. it's a lot easier than you think and a lot easier than having to do the whole formula and bottle thing. i felt the same way you do but that fear goes away instantly when you start and they help you get started and feel comfortable in the hospital  after you have the baby :)

Im really glad im not the only one that felt or feels this way. I really appreciate your opinion. Thank you :) good

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Check out this link. http://www.notmilk.com/101.html

The artile is titled 101 reasons to breastfeed.

luvmidian
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

no problem and it does help that your husband will be supportive too. it has helped me that mine is so supportive. 

Quoting MissAngel13:

Quoting luvmidian:

Im really glad im not the only one that felt or feels this way. I really appreciate your opinion. Thank you :) good

aniters
3 moms liked this
it has nothing to do with age. I was 17 when I had DS and I've been nursing for almost a year(DS will be 1 on Friday ^.^ ). I also have a friend who is 16 and is still nursing her 1 year old. there is nothing gross about breastfeeding. I hope you decide to breastfeed your LO. good luck :)

Quoting MissAngel13:

Thank you all for your feedback. I am a little more interested in breast feeding now that im older and i am more educated about it. I was only 18 when i had my DS.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissTacoBell
1 mom liked this
I thought the exact same thing. It really doesn't feel the same as it does with sex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)