Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

DH wants me to breast feed, but.....

Posted by   + Show Post

good morningNeeding some advise.... I have a 7 year old son from a past relationship. With him i did not breast feed i didnt even attempt it either. We just recently found out we were expecting. My DH is really wanting me to breast feed. Ive said that i would try it out. But then there are times were im just like no im just going to bottle feed. Yes i know all the pros about breast feeding but in some ways to me it grosses me out the fact that my child is sucking on my breast. I dont know.... i know this is weird and selfish. i just need some help on making the right choice. PLEASE HELP!!!  embarrassed

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Replies (11-20):
MissAngel13
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Honestly having more female opinions rather then my DH opinion makes me feel a little better about it just because he only knows the male point of view. As far as you ladies have actually breast fed. :)Can i do both formula and Breast milk?

shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:03 PM
2 moms liked this
I was 17 when I had my first but even without research I just knew I wanted to breastfeed. Mommy instinct maybe? I did it for 20 months and was so proud.

Don't let society make you feel weird about breastfeeding. It's natural. That's why we have boobs. If you want to do it this time around, set your mind to it. Keep telling yourself you can do this. Not only is it extremely beneficial to your baby, but to you as well! Good luck and congrats!

Oh and btw, it's great that your husband is so encouraging and supportive! Good job, Daddy!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Not bashing, but just asking, why do you want to do both. Breast milk is all your baby needs. No matter what anyone tells you, if baby is meeting diaper counts, he/she is getting plenty. No need for formula. :)

Quoting MissAngel13:

Honestly having more female opinions rather then my DH opinion makes me feel a little better about it just because he only knows the male point of view. As far as you ladies have actually breast fed. :)Can i do both formula and Breast milk?

MissAngel13
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Not bashing, but just asking, why do you want to do both. Breast milk is all your baby needs. No matter what anyone tells you, if baby is meeting diaper counts, he/she is getting plenty. No need for formula. :)

Quoting MissAngel13:

Jus curious because i work full time mon-fri. as far as baby sitter. I know i can pump but will i have enough time to pump when LO isnt eating. enough to support my child throughout the day that im at work.. i guess i just have lots of questions regarding breast feeding. As far as how it works out...

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MissAngel13:

Every bottle of formula interferes with breast milk supply by depriving your body of the "make milk" signal. So if you don't HAVE to do both, better not to.

And as to the sex question... ask your husband if peeing feels like sex. It's as close as men come to for this; the penis fulfills two functions just as the breast does. Guys have no problem with this type of multitasking!

piwife
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Look up all the bad stuff about formula.. its gross. I ff feed my first. And I wish I hadn't it. Try formula you will see it taste nasty. Research on it the ingredients, the recalls and all the bad effects it can have on baby. Do the same for breastfeeding. Make a list of pro and cons for both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MissAngel13:

Jus curious because i work full time mon-fri. as far as baby sitter. I know i can pump but will i have enough time to pump when LO isnt eating. enough to support my child throughout the day that im at work.. i guess i just have lots of questions regarding breast feeding. As far as how it works out...

You pump while you're separated. Once for every three hours, 15 minutes setup to teardown of the pump. It will be far less expensive than formula.

You can also pump WHILE baby is eating. No, it doesn't take away from baby. The breast is sort of like your faucet... keep the faucet turned on and the water keeps flowing!

Stop by the bookstore for a copy of "So That's What They're For" by Janet Tamaro. It's a great basic book and will settle many of your concerns.

MMerrill
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand that feeling, I don't think it's gross or anything but I honestly don't like my boobs being touched or sucked on period, but honestly it's so natural and so good for your baby, I just keep my mind on that.  It's easy to get discouraged but you can do it.  I exclusivly pump right now because I have a baby in the NICU and I'm just now getting used to it but we are about to start letting him go to breast, so now I have to start getting used to that.  But either way do what's best for you...formula fed babies turn out just fine too :)

wedding countdown

CafeMom Tickers

shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Oh okay. There are a lot of women in here who successfully pump. Hopefully they can help you out! :)

Quoting MissAngel13:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting MissAngel13:

MissAngel13
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Quoting gdiamante:

Quoting MissAngel13:

Every bottle of formula interferes with breast milk supply by depriving your body of the "make milk" signal. So if you don't HAVE to do both, better not to.

And as to the sex question... ask your husband if peeing feels like sex. It's as close as men come to for this; the penis fulfills two functions just as the breast does. Guys have no problem with this type of multitasking!

O ok i see. Well thats good to know about the breast milk.

As for second part. that is so very tru!!! guess i never thought og it that way... Thank you :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)