Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

DH wants me to breast feed, but.....

Posted by   + Show Post

good morningNeeding some advise.... I have a 7 year old son from a past relationship. With him i did not breast feed i didnt even attempt it either. We just recently found out we were expecting. My DH is really wanting me to breast feed. Ive said that i would try it out. But then there are times were im just like no im just going to bottle feed. Yes i know all the pros about breast feeding but in some ways to me it grosses me out the fact that my child is sucking on my breast. I dont know.... i know this is weird and selfish. i just need some help on making the right choice. PLEASE HELP!!!  embarrassed

by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Replies (41-50):
cl1998
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I was a young mom with my first two, I made the choice to bottle feed:( A choice I now regret! I had my fourth baby almost a year ago and am enjoying our nursing relationship!! It's not easy and we have had complications, but I haven't given up and am very proud to say that I am still nursing!! I hope that u try:) There are bumps aling the way but u have us and it sounds like u have a hubby who supports u too!! Good luck!!
MissAngel13
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Quoting cl1998:

I was a young mom with my first two, I made the choice to bottle feed:( A choice I now regret! I had my fourth baby almost a year ago and am enjoying our nursing relationship!! It's not easy and we have had complications, but I haven't given up and am very proud to say that I am still nursing!! I hope that u try:) There are bumps aling the way but u have us and it sounds like u have a hubby who supports u too!! Good luck!!

Thank you :)

Ck39
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:25 PM
2 moms liked this
I ff my first & am ebf now with my 2nd. I would honestly tell you to give it a try! Besides all of the obvious health benefits it gives you & your LO, I've realized you get a whole lot more sleep this way & the 'bonding time' with your LO while bf is just the best! I never experienced quite the same thing with my 1st. I regret going the other route with my first. Give it a shot, if it doesn't seem right for you or your LO at least you know you gave it a try! : )
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Nov. 29, 2012 at 3:30 PM
2 moms liked this

I know it can seem weird if you are not around it and you have never experience it.  Really it is very natural. My suggestion is to go to a La Leche Leauge near you (http://www.llli.org/) so you can be exposed to what breastfeeding is about, and start to normalize it.  Also, reading about it like "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding".  I find that education really does help ease fears.

Redhead33182
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I feed my 1st formula! I tired breastfeeding but didn't know a lot about it and have up after a month! My 2nd son is 4 months now and ebf! At first it was weird to think about it and I was sore but I have fallen in love with this! We have a special connection! And he looks so sweet when he nurses! He will be nursing and will stop and turn his head and look up at me and smile! I was also nervous about breastfeeding in public and the more I do it the better I feel about it and I chose the 2 shirt method!! Good luck and I hope you chose to breastfeed!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NollynsMommy14
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

How about instead of knocking her we give her POSITIVE FEEDBACK about breastfeeding so she's happy about her new adventure, because its all about support and she has the SUPPORT of her dh which is HUGE, you are very lucky mama. If you need to know anything POSITIVE join the breastfeeding group their are great informative intelligent women in there and there is a post at the top of the list that has the info. There are two but it's the group with more people. (I believe the new one) 

MomRocs1102
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

you dont sound selfish at all.  I bottlefeed my first who is 8 now and from my understanding breastfeeding isnt for everyone. There is nothing wrong with you opting to bottle feed or breast and no one should make you feel like you are wrong.  There is no right choice here breast or bottle both are fine for baby i say for your dh meet in the middle try it out if you don't like it bottle it is. :)

celticgodess
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this

BF off breast is best, but my cousin did strictly pump and feed. Still better than formula. 

MissAngel13
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Quoting NollynsMommy14:

How about instead of knocking her we give her POSITIVE FEEDBACK about breastfeeding so she's happy about her new adventure, because its all about support and she has the SUPPORT of her dh which is HUGE, you are very lucky mama. If you need to know anything POSITIVE join the breastfeeding group their are great informative intelligent women in there and there is a post at the top of the list that has the info. There are two but it's the group with more people. (I believe the new one) 

Thank you sooo much for this!! I will def check out the group. :)

MissAngel13
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Quoting MomRocs1102:

you dont sound selfish at all.  I bottlefeed my first who is 8 now and from my understanding breastfeeding isnt for everyone. There is nothing wrong with you opting to bottle feed or breast and no one should make you feel like you are wrong.  There is no right choice here breast or bottle both are fine for baby i say for your dh meet in the middle try it out if you don't like it bottle it is. :)

I really appreciate your feedback. I was thinking the same thing just giving it a try and if all fail i can always bottle feed. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN