Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Im now one of "those" moms...

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:26 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this
I wasn't yesterday but today my son is one and tomorrow he will be one and one day and I'm still nursing. I really thought I'd stop the day he turned one. But I no longer have to nurse him and I still am so now I'm one of those moms that still breastfeed after a year and im proud! I just cannot believe I'm doing this because I personally always thought moms that bf after a year were weird. Here I am though doing what I swore I wouldn't. I'm not stopping anytime soon. So sorry for judging and now I'm humbled :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K8wizzo
by Kate on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations!! :)

We told ya so, lol. :)

ktinaza
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha I know but I'm so stubborn!! You guys are right though!!

Quoting K8wizzo:

Congratulations!! :)

We told ya so, lol. :)

audmom1218
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:35 PM
2 moms liked this
Congratulations! Isn't it amazing what we can do once our stupid societal norms are pushed aside?!
comptonkids
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Before matti, I was one of those moms too, I stopped bfing my oldest at 8 months, my middle only for a month

Formula tore her up and I swore I would never give formula to any future child of mine, I never thought I'd continue past a year

Hanging out on CM I learned a lot and before I was even pregnant with matti I knew I'd nurse till HE wanted to :)

NicLof2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I always felt the same way too but my boy is almost 11 months and I have no plans on stopping at 1 or even soon after. Congrats and good luck!
brandyblx
by Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I breast-fed all 3 of mine.The only one that stopped at a year was my youngest because of an emergency surgery that was done on me. The doctor wouldn't tell me if the meds that they gave me would hurt him or not.And I was in the hospital for over a month on the meds.No way to pump and dump...:{ I felt so BAD for my baby..he was forcibly weaned from one day to the next.

ktinaza
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:49 PM
I think that's great and I think stopping when they want to is easier on us too. I was trying to figure out how I was going to get him to sleep or an easy comfort when he gets hurt or crys....now I don't have to even think about it. It's just when he's done!

Quoting comptonkids:

Before matti, I was one of those moms too, I stopped bfing my oldest at 8 months, my middle only for a month

Formula tore her up and I swore I would never give formula to any future child of mine, I never thought I'd continue past a year

Hanging out on CM I learned a lot and before I was even pregnant with matti I knew I'd nurse till HE wanted to :)

mothernature
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:50 PM

i hear ya , never thought i wld be nursing a 3 yr old but he is turning 3 on dec 3 and is still nursing atleast once a day more if he is sick <3 i always thought that nursing a kid this old was a little to "crunchy" for me but i too was humbled this last few months because it just feels like the right thing to do and now i am starting to wonder why society put such numbers on feeding our babies ...congrats to you btw i am sure there has been bumps on the road

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Happy birthday to your baby!!! Each one of my babies pushed me farther and farther past all my comfort zones, in so many areas of life. I've learned to never say never. I'm not a good mother because I have kids. Having these kids have made me a good mother. They do that to you. ;-)
catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Congratulations!!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN