Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Am i doing harm having baby in bed?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:36 PM
  • 48 Replies
I havent heard of much info on this other than its dangerous to sleep with baby in bed due to me rolling over etc but im a very light sleeper n the way i posistion her is kinda hard to roll on her as well. Dh has been out if thw country for two weeks and we still have two weeks before he comes home so ive been cuddling with dd (3 months old) every night i say to myself im going o put her back in her bassinet but i cant do it i think im getting more attached than she is. So im wonsering am i creating a bad situation for myself if i keep her in bed with me till dh comes home or is she to young to recognize the difference?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justone_jen
by Jen on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:38 PM
No. My baby has been in our bed since birth and she's nine months. Whatever works best for your family, mama.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
notgivinguphope
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Thank you! Im just scared when dh comes home and i put jer back in her bassi shell fuss?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Jen on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:48 PM
3 moms liked this
She'll fuss regardless. :P

Could she stay in bed with your mate there?

This is my personal opinion, and should be taken as such. I think babies need to be close to their mothers. I think it's kind of crazy to think they should sleep on their own when they've been in a warm, dark womb for the majority of their lives. For me, it just felt normal. I feel more comfortable and she sleeps better when we're next to each other.

As far as transitioning, I'm not sure. Sorry.

Quoting notgivinguphope:

Thank you! Im just scared when dh comes home and i put jer back in her bassi shell fuss?
justone_jen
by Jen on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:49 PM
You may try swaddling her. That feeling of being hugged may help her sleep in the bassinet
notgivinguphope
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Personally i would,love for,her to stay in the bed with us it really helps,the both of us sleep better just because im noy constantly getting up to peek at her shes next to me amd i feel more secure with her there but i get worried with dh in bed too we have a queen bed and hes the deep sleeper. .. I see ur point tho about how babies are close to us in the womb. Which explains,my attatchment to having her here next to me as well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norwgnwood
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 11:54 PM
I bed share with both my kids and have since they were born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aydnsmommy
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Do you have a crib? I took the side rail off dd's crib, and pushed it up against the edge of my bed. I used thick blankets rolled to fill the gap between the mattresses. Dd sleeps in her crib but I am able to reach over and cuddle her if needed, but she is safe at the same time from being rolled on.
It works great for us!
notgivinguphope
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:04 AM
Thats clever i have a crib but i havent put her in it yet just because its in her room for when she gets alittlw older and her bassinett is in our room.

Quoting Aydnsmommy:

Do you have a crib? I took the side rail off dd's crib, and pushed it up against the edge of my bed. I used thick blankets rolled to fill the gap between the mattresses. Dd sleeps in her crib but I am able to reach over and cuddle her if needed, but she is safe at the same time from being rolled on.

It works great for us!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aniters
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:05 AM
I dont see a problem. you're her mom and are supposed to want to cuddle with her lol I've been bedsharing with DS since birth. he's 1 now :)
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Dec. 4, 2012 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this

PERFECT. Leave it be. You're not doing harm by ANY means.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN