Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Night weaning help

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 3 Replies

So mmy DS is 11months and we CO sleep. Well he still nurses all night long and if he pops off he cries does anyone have any tips? Would night weaning make him want to stop altogether? He nurses alot  in the day time too which I don't mind but this moma could use more then 3-4hrs of sleep a night

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Night weaning doesn't mean sleeping. Fair warning. Mine night weaned long before I got more than three hours sleep a night... it's always something!(Death, taxes, never sleeping a full night again... our guarantees as Mom.)

BEST info on night weaning, however, is on drjaygordon.com; search the site for "sleep pattern." It's a process that will take some time but does achieve night weaning. (Not necessarily sleeping but night weaning.) 

Poisongirl98
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:41 AM
For me night weaning and ending bedsharing did mean better sleep for both her and me. Her crib is still next to my bed though. Initially she did still wake up multiple times a night but she was able to go to sleep without nursing. Granted, she's 17-months old so that may also have something to do with it. Anyway, I would comfort her, usually just give her a quick hug then lay her back down. Initially she protested some but nothing horrible. Eventually her wakings got less and less. I just had gone persistent and not give in, which can be hard to do when you're tired!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:38 AM
Check out the dr jay gordon article
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN