Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

I shouldn't be worried, but any advice or encouragement is helpful. (bump for pic!)

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:38 PM
  • 12 Replies

DD is 8 months now. She doesn't eat much solids and I think from the move and being touched out she's been eating less cause I put her down when she seems to just be holding the nipple in her mouth. She sleeps with me and I sleep topless. I can feel her ribs, though. She is happy, on track with all her development, babbles, and I feed her whenever she wants. Should I start offering extra feeds? She's also making appropriate diapers. Or am I just being paranoid. She doesn't have an apt. till next month.

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:00 PM
2 moms liked this
If the diapers & milestones are there, you know not to worry!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

You're just being paranoid. **smile**

happymom6
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Nothing to worry about... All is fine !!!!

melindabelcher
by mel on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:28 AM
Sounds perfect mama :)
Some kiddos are just little. I'm guessing my 8mo is around 13-13.5lb. Shes wearing 3-6mo clothes and size 1 diapers
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

You CAN offer more nursings, I wouldnt stress about it..you know me...easy going lol

Julia.C
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Be easy... breezy... it sounds like you are doing wonderful.

acooley90
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Every baby develops differently my kids were really "fat babies" but I have a friend who's 2 yr old daughter is perfectly healthy but my 8 month old weighs more than her...As long as her doctor says she's ok..."She's fine" :)

MonicaV1982
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Thanks all! Here is a recent picture. She is  8 months and about 16 lbs.

KayDziedzic
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:54 PM

This is one healthy looking baby! And I love that she's holding the marshmallows.

I'm BFing my 21 month old after FF my first two kids, and I was always worried she was too skinny. Percentiles are pretty much useless for individuals, but I'll use them just to give you an idea: My first tops the charts for height and has been between 25th and 50th for weight since birth. My second was always on the smaller side (25th percentile for height and weight, now 50th percentile for both at age 5). yDD (my BF baby) is 80th percentile for height and around 50th percentile for weight now after hovering around 50th percentile for height and being under 5th percentile for weight until almost a year. She didn't have much as far as solids until she was closer to a year. With all three of my kids, you've always been able to see their ribs and they're all happy, healthy children. 

As long as your LO is growing, not lethargic, and hitting her milestones within a reasonable window of when she's expected to, try not to worry :) You're doing a great job!

Quoting MonicaV1982:

Thanks all! Here is a recent picture. She is  8 months and about 16 lbs.

carinsmommy
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I wouldn't worry about it. I have a three year old who is the same size as my friends six month old baby. Each child is different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN