Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Why did you choose bf over bottle?

Posted by   + Show Post

I LOVE bf'ing because I always have 2 "bottles" everywhere we go.

They're always made, self-cleaning, and stay warmed to the perfect temperature.

And best of all, milk is tailored specifically to fit baby's needs, which is WAY more valuable than any formula I can find in stores.

I can tell ds prefers it too; I used to pump but every time I nurse, when he's finished, he'll be sleep and a big happy smile will come across his face before he lets go :)

breastfeeding

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
Eviesmommy
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Well, there are the obvious reasons, like it's the best choice for the baby, and financially, it makes so much more sense. But when it comes down to it, my mom was a big influence on me. She breastfed both my little sister and I. I honestly don't remember having any bottles in the house when my sister was a baby. And really, I wasn't even aware of the existence of formula. I just thought that breastfeeding was the way it was done. Honestly, I found my first experience with formula weird and confusing. A friend chose to FF her kids instead of trying to BF. She had her first young. Just out of high school. (not that it matters, really) But my reaction was kinda like "wait, you're paying for what to feed the baby? Your breasts make food for the baby, you know..." And they did too, she used to squeeze her milk into the bathroom sink to relieve the pressure until her milk dried up. It was kinda sad, really. 

sbreece
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly.. we can't afford formula. Why buy something I can make for free? Lol I pump too so my husband can feed her when I need time to myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hlzcmjzajz
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:39 PM
My thoughts exactly!

Quoting poietes:

Because Im cheap and lazy. No seriously, its free, no bottles to wash no smelling stinky formula, no getting up to make a bottle just grab the kid and lay him down, great excuse to get out of things, "sorry, cant help with .........., got to feed the baby" and best of all I didnt get my period for 10 months!!! Oh yeah and its best for baby :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
randhferedinos
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:42 PM
The only experience with breastfed vs ff infants (working in an infant room at a daycare for a year) made the decision east. I would never purposely ff. I wanted my babies to have that amazing sweet smelling skin and mild poop. I don't know about all the benefits right away. That knowledge came about while reading and nursing my firstborn.

I have now been nursing for almost 5 consecutive years between two kids.
BlessedMammaof2
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Ditto

Quoting justone_jen:

It really wasn't something I had to choose. I just knew I'd breastfeed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christineT79
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:52 PM

So many reasons that I can't even name em all. It's funny that I wanted to do it so much because I don't know many people who do it or did it in the past. I never grew up around it & I've never seen it done before. I just always knew that I wanted to do it. When I was pregnant I was bombarded with horror stories from everyone I knew about breastfeeding. How it hurt & was so hard & now everyone just tells me that I'm "lucky" that I make milk. I'll never get that one. Everyone keeps telling me that they didnt make milk. I'm pretty sure that everyone makes milk, they are just so misinformed about all of it & that's why they fail. I'm so happy that I'm breastfeeding & now I want to do it for as long as I can. I feel like it's so easy, cheap, readily available. I don't have to buy anything, clean anything, store anything & it's so good for the baby & me. It's wonderful.

sleepymommy87
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Because formula wasn't an option, I decided that long before she was born. I would rather chop off my arm than give her formula haha! :P

preemiemommy
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Amazing what breast milk can do for nicu babies huh!!!
AudlyLuvly
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:55 PM

because it's what's best for baby, and more convenient to me.

norwgnwood
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Because duh!
It's a no brainer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN