Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why did you choose bf over bottle?

Posted by   + Show Post

I LOVE bf'ing because I always have 2 "bottles" everywhere we go.

They're always made, self-cleaning, and stay warmed to the perfect temperature.

And best of all, milk is tailored specifically to fit baby's needs, which is WAY more valuable than any formula I can find in stores.

I can tell ds prefers it too; I used to pump but every time I nurse, when he's finished, he'll be sleep and a big happy smile will come across his face before he lets go :)

breastfeeding

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Replies (31-40):
twogirl91
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I did it because I'm lazy, I hate doing dishes so making a bottle and cleaning it out ever time is just not for me. Plus saves sooooooo much money and you can eat more calories! 

angelbabies14
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:30 PM

The number one reason is because it's what is best for my children. Then the number 2 was because it's free and could be done anywhere.

AMR320
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:33 PM
Because it was free. I did bottles with my oldest and it wasn't difficult or time consuming, imo just expensive. That is the only reason #2 was bf and I hated every minute of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meghan6391
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:35 PM
I wont lie besides the fact that it is great for children i also am looking forward to the great weight loss for me :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
proudMom2634
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Quoting MonicaV1982:

why would I  buy something I make free?

Plus,. it is the best for babies, safest, complete, cheapest and increase our bonding moments with our babies.

Living is good, but being a Mom is even better!!  

jjchick75
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:47 PM

I gave up with my oldest at 6 weeks because of bad advice from a lousy pediatrician. It was hell on earth! I already had PPD, I was a single mom with no help, and you add a fussy baby who didn't tolerate the formula at all, making and washing bottles 24/7, and I seriously got the point at about 5 months that I was seriously afraid I was going to hurt her. I called my mom sobbing and her and my dad came out for a couple of weeks while I got some help. My sanity just can't handle all that goes with formula feeding lol! Too much work, not enough sleep! But worst of all formula almost look my daughters life!  I would do anything in my power to keep from doing that again! Luckily my last little guy is quickly closing in on 11 months and still nursing strong!

robibuni
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Though I was not breastfed, when I had children, it just seemed like the normal thing to do.

I didnt breastfeed my DD1 for more than 2 weeks out of sheer stupidity and laziness and regret it daily. I hadn't done my research and didn't realize how hard it is in the beginning so I let others around me it was okay to give formula.

Now with DD2 I had more knowledge and the ability to power through the exhaustion and just do it! Now we're 9 months strong and I'm so proud of myself for sticking to it...
MollyJmommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:42 AM
It wasnt a choice it was the only option :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleywagoner
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:44 AM
For a zillion reasons!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaraSnider
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:51 AM
With my first it was my only goal and i failed at 4months. My new one i didnt choose to he did, he has a beautiful latch and is a great nurser. No need to take away something my baby is good at.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)