Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why did you choose bf over bottle?

Posted by   + Show Post

I LOVE bf'ing because I always have 2 "bottles" everywhere we go.

They're always made, self-cleaning, and stay warmed to the perfect temperature.

And best of all, milk is tailored specifically to fit baby's needs, which is WAY more valuable than any formula I can find in stores.

I can tell ds prefers it too; I used to pump but every time I nurse, when he's finished, he'll be sleep and a big happy smile will come across his face before he lets go :)

breastfeeding

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Replies (41-50):
trilliandent42
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:52 AM

This exactly.  It wasn't even a question or decision...

Quoting justone_jen:

It really wasn't something I had to choose. I just knew I'd breastfeed.

trilliandent42
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:59 AM

I have read this a few times...  I don't FF, but how can it kill babies?  Allergies?  Honestly, I know nothing about FFing, other than I heard the babies gain weight faster!  I can't imagine my DS if he were on formula, he is almost 16 pounds at 11 weeks, what would he be on formula, 25? lol

Quoting pinkiebabii:

Well formula isn't an option., I love my son, and he deserves the best.

I can't imagine intentionally giving him something that could kill him.

AshleySail
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:05 AM
Honestly... I have no idea... It was just instinct for me to want to breastfeed...
And then me not getting my natural birth made me even more determined to have a successful nursling!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamiNlovinIt
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:10 AM
I was the same way, with my first I wasn't sure what to do and supplement alot. I wish I hadn't because dd has skin allergies and I always think if I'd bf hr longer she might not have those allergies. With this one I have more knowledge and support and I'm ebf.
Quoting robibuni:

Though I was not breastfed, when I had children, it just seemed like the normal thing to do.

I didnt breastfeed my DD1 for more than 2 weeks out of sheer stupidity and laziness and regret it daily. I hadn't done my research and didn't realize how hard it is in the beginning so I let others around me it was okay to give formula.

Now with DD2 I had more knowledge and the ability to power through the exhaustion and just do it! Now we're 9 months strong and I'm so proud of myself for sticking to it...

pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:11 AM
http://mobile.businessweek.com/news/2012-01-05/bacteria-tied-to-baby-s-death-linked-to-formula-since-1980s.html

here is a link.

It also increases the chance off sids and many serious illnesses like asthma.

Quoting trilliandent42:

I have read this a few times...  I don't FF, but how can it kill babies?  Allergies?  Honestly, I know nothing about FFing, other than I heard the babies gain weight faster!  I can't imagine my DS if he were on formula, he is almost 16 pounds at 11 weeks, what would he be on formula, 25? lol

Quoting pinkiebabii:

Well formula isn't an option., I love my son, and he deserves the best.

I can't imagine intentionally giving him something that could kill him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mckinneymom918
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:52 AM
With this baby, I chose to because I had a bad experience with my son, and felt I needed to prove to myself that I was capable. So I did a butt load of research on what to look for to make sure she was getting enough.

Apparently, the ped with my son was dumb and didn't understand how important diapers were, so he didn't relay the importance to me. No one told me that with his slight tongue tie, we'd have to work harder. So because of all this, and my own stupidity that it was just supposed to be easy (so I didn't do research!), by 8 weeks he hadn't gained weight. I didn't know I could get my milk back, I just did what the dr said. Plus I was going back to work the next week, and formula was just going to be easier all around.

So because of that, when this sweet girl was born, I was ready, I wasn't going to fail! At first, outside support was pretty slim- I mean I had my hubby's support (as long as she gained, was our agreement), but others scoffed at my decision after what happened with our son- "are you sure it will work this time?" I was skeptical too, but I also knew that with the info I had, and the her long is LONG, there was no way we'd fail!

Sept 1 came, miss Lydia was born. We latched immediately after birth and haven't looked back! She was at birth weight at 2 weeks, it was more than I could ask for! Our ped now is very relaxed, very much in support of breastfeeding moms after his wife successfully breastfed all 4 of their children. Even 3 months later, I get nervous that she's not getting enough, but everyday her diapers prove me wrong!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BomberJenny
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:52 AM
I chose to bf because I love having a huge rack, makes you lose weight...jk because I wanted to give my baby a good head start in life
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:07 AM
This minus the period part ( doc put me on the mini pill at 6weeks and af came back almost immediately after!)

Quoting poietes:

Because Im cheap and lazy. No seriously, its free, no bottles to wash no smelling stinky formula, no getting up to make a bottle just grab the kid and lay him down, great excuse to get out of things, "sorry, cant help with .........., got to feed the baby" and best of all I didnt get my period for 10 months!!! Oh yeah and its best for baby :)

piwife
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:09 AM
Even before having kids I knew I always wanted to bf or at least try
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:17 AM
Because it makes sense. Every animal is healthiest when it eats the food that nature intended instead of artificial replacement foods. This might be an extreme example, but gorillas in the zoo *can* live off of industry standard monkey chows in a bowl, but research clearly shows they are significantly healthier when they eat plant materials closest to what would be available in their natural environment.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)