Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Breastfeeding grosses me out.

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:45 AM
  • 37 Replies

I need advice. I enjoyed bf up until oct. My baby is 4 months 2 weeks now. I don't know what came over me but I actually started to get disgusted when I nurse and it won't go away. I feel literally dirty and want him to get off. I've only continued this long because I'm guessing my motherly instinct won't let me stop. I start to feel bad about myself wanting to quit and how selfish I am. It's just a feeling that comes over my body. I've tried to make it stop, not think about it, pumping even and I still get the feeling. WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME!!? I've let myself nearly dry up but still manage to nurse morning and night or just when I don't have formula and he's hungry, which tides him over. I've been doing this since early Oct so I know I could possibly bring my supply back up if I could just find an answer, an end to this feeling, SOMETHING. It's really frustrating. When I got pregnant I told myself I'd EBF and now I can't because of this. Anything ladies??

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmorales7690
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:47 AM

I had to quit with mine too, don't feel bad about quitting, you have done great! if you can't do it you can't do it! If you WANT to do it, try to go to a therapist or something to figure out why it is you are feeling that way! Or maybe try pumping in the meantime?

sreichelt26
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:48 AM
Google D-MER and see if any of that seems to fit what you're feeling.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jshalas89
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Even pumping gives me the feeling but not nearly as often as nursing. Everyone hassles me about bf and I can't tell them why but it gets annoying non-the-less. I tried to tell df, who hates that I'm not ebf, but he just didn't understand. But how can I ask him to understand when I don't either...

Quoting kmorales7690:

I had to quit with mine too, don't feel bad about quitting, you have done great! if you can't do it you can't do it! If you WANT to do it, try to go to a therapist or something to figure out why it is you are feeling that way! Or maybe try pumping in the meantime?

kmorales7690
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:05 AM

A therapist could help figure out what the problem is. It might be purely a psychological issue, that can be helped, or you may have to stop breastfeeding. Sometimes If breastfeeding is causing you stress, its going to affect the baby negatively as well. Try to explain to you DF how you feel, but tell him you just aren't sure what is going on with your body, and your mind right now! which is once again where a therapist would really help! and it also could be a sign of ppd!

Quoting jshalas89:

Even pumping gives me the feeling but not nearly as often as nursing. Everyone hassles me about bf and I can't tell them why but it gets annoying non-the-less. I tried to tell df, who hates that I'm not ebf, but he just didn't understand. But how can I ask him to understand when I don't either...

Quoting kmorales7690:

adrianna1043
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:08 AM
Wow, I didn't know this was a condition! Learn something new everyday, I guess. I've felt this way the very first week of bfing all my babies, but then it goes away. I always felt guilty feeling that way with the babies, but luckily for me the feeling never lasted more then a couple of days.

Quoting sreichelt26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jshalas89
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:12 AM

thank you!

Quoting sreichelt26:

shortyali
by Alicia on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:40 AM
This was my thoughts too when I started to read your post.

Quoting sreichelt26:

melindabelcher
by mel on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:24 AM
Ditto

Quoting shortyali:

This was my thoughts too when I started to read your post.

Quoting sreichelt26:

polkaspots
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:43 AM
I've had a few bouts of that too. My son is almost ten months old and I have had days where every time I nurse him I just feel wrong and annoyed. Sometimes it's just one feeding, other times it's every feeding for two days straight. It goes away and then comes back. Usually talking to my son and making him smile helps. He was ebf until a while ago, but all he gets is juice a few times a week and food once a day. My point is, it gets better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamoore83
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:53 AM
Omg I think I have that d-mer also, I didn't know that was a thing I thought I was broken.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)