Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

new milk?

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:36 AM
  • 13 Replies
He'll be 1yr next week. I want to start transitioning him to new milk.

.......idk what kind!!! Haha! Whole? 2%??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ncohetero
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 5:43 AM
Wic starts them off with whole after the first year
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Is there a reason you don't want to just let him wean on his own, and continue to let him have milk that is pefect for him?

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:56 AM

You can add whole milk OR 2%. There is no wrong answer here. Don't worry if he's underwhelmed by it. Many babies are but cow's milk is not needed. It's merely convenient.

xomrs.chase
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:48 AM
I'm not cutting him off, I'm transitioning. I plan on giving him my milk still, but 1 sippy of cows to get his digestion used to it. In place of his water with lunch, I want to give him milk. Problem?

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Is there a reason you don't want to just let him wean on his own, and continue to let him have milk that is pefect for him?

xomrs.chase
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Thank you

Quoting gdiamante:

You can add whole milk OR 2%. There is no wrong answer here. Don't worry if he's underwhelmed by it. Many babies are but cow's milk is not needed. It's merely convenient.

xomrs.chase
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Thank you

Quoting ncohetero:

Wic starts them off with whole after the first year
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:52 AM

By the way... mine preferred water and it's fine to use water. They miss nothing by not getting cow's milk.

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I just gave my kids water to drink as a beverage, wether they were still nursing or not. We only use milk in cereal and cooking. My kids eat plenty of cheese, yogurt and icecream so there has never been any question about their calcium.

ForeverInLove
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I'm reading attitude in your response, which is a problem.

I asked an honest question. I didn't expect attitude for it's response. I'll remember to not come to your posts if you're asking for help on anything, if this is the way you want to treat people asking questions in order to help you.

Quoting xomrs.chase:

I'm not cutting him off, I'm transitioning. I plan on giving him my milk still, but 1 sippy of cows to get his digestion used to it. In place of his water with lunch, I want to give him milk. Problem?

Quoting ForeverInLove:

mckinneymom918
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I gave my older kids whole milk at a year, until 2, and I just gave them 2% after that. But I was transitioning from formula. Not sure what I'll do time, hopefully I'll still be breastfeeding.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)