Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

baby wrap

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM
  • 22 Replies
I am a sahm and I have a 13 month ol and a 2 1/2 year old and I'm due in February. I'm wanting to get sone sort of wrap to carry baby in so I still have two hands to tend to my other two while nursing or comforting baby.
So I need some suggestions. Don't want to spend a crazy amount of money either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amesstobemade
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

If you search for "wrap" I am sure several posts will come up. A lot of moms have been asking that same question =)

divinedimension
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Unfortunately most carriers and wraps are a process of "you get what you pay for". Wrapsody is the only affordable wrap, and Moby Wrap that actually work well. I just want to let you know that baby wearing with wraps quite a learning curve. Go to wrapmybaby dot come for instructions before you purchase ANY wrap so that you can get the gist of it and see if wrapping is for you.

Also, you can go to paxbaby dot come and email the owner. She is more than happy to help you find the perfect carrier for you and baby. I took the easy way out and bought an Ergo baby carrier. It's ergonomic, very comfortable, safe and fairly easy to use. We do wrap sometimes, but it's a pain in the ass to learn and takes awhile. I like the Ergo because when going out places I can easily slip it on and off and not have to fuss with a wrap and also a fussy baby for ten minutes to get it perfectly positioned, tied and safe.

junebutterfly
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Thank you.

Quoting divinedimension:

Unfortunately most carriers and wraps are a process of "you get what you pay for". Wrapsody is the only affordable wrap, and Moby Wrap that actually work well. I just want to let you know that baby wearing with wraps quite a learning curve. Go to wrapmybaby dot come for instructions before you purchase ANY wrap so that you can get the gist of it and see if wrapping is for you.

Also, you can go to paxbaby dot come and email the owner. She is more than happy to help you find the perfect carrier for you and baby. I took the easy way out and bought an Ergo baby carrier. It's ergonomic, very comfortable, safe and fairly easy to use. We do wrap sometimes, but it's a pain in the ass to learn and takes awhile. I like the Ergo because when going out places I can easily slip it on and off and not have to fuss with a wrap and also a fussy baby for ten minutes to get it perfectly positioned, tied and safe.

shortyali
by Alicia on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:26 PM
I have a Moby and yes it can be a pain to wrap sometimes but I wouldn't trade it for anything. If we are going somewhere and I need to use it I try to put it on before I leave the house.
mckinneymom918
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Moby, you can get them on eBay for really reasonable.
junebutterfly
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Thanks yall are a big help.
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Moby! I got mine new for $40.... so worth it
junebutterfly
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Thank you

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

Moby! I got mine new for $40.... so worth it
Luv.My.Soldier
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:29 PM
I'm actually not a fan of the moby(well really I have the boba version of the moby which I believe is a bit stretchier, so maybe that's my problem?). I'm very short and petite and it is just soooo long and it's damn near impossible for me to get it on comfortably, all while my baby is screaming. I also dont like how much "give" there is to It. I have to tie it SO tight just for it to be safe and suppprt my newborn, and that just ends up being uncomfortable after a while. I've only actually been able to use it twice because my son doesn't really seem to like it either. I have a ring sling coming in a few days and I'm really hoping I like it better because my son literally wants to be held 24/7 and i don't really have the option of that right now, since I also have a 2.5 yr old and my husband is out of the country.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
junebutterfly
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Thanks for the info

Quoting Luv.My.Soldier:

I'm actually not a fan of the moby(well really I have the boba version of the moby which I believe is a bit stretchier, so maybe that's my problem?). I'm very short and petite and it is just soooo long and it's damn near impossible for me to get it on comfortably, all while my baby is screaming. I also dont like how much "give" there is to It. I have to tie it SO tight just for it to be safe and suppprt my newborn, and that just ends up being uncomfortable after a while. I've only actually been able to use it twice because my son doesn't really seem to like it either. I have a ring sling coming in a few days and I'm really hoping I like it better because my son literally wants to be held 24/7 and i don't really have the option of that right now, since I also have a 2.5 yr old and my husband is out of the country.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)