Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Maya Ring Sling

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:53 PM
  • 7 Replies

yay or nay?

My SIL gave me one as a hand-me-down for when i have my baby girl. She said it was the only way she got stuff done when her DS was very little (he's only like 9 months now). I just tried out the hip carry position with my toddler just to see if it was comfortable enough to use daily. I do realize i can't do that with my infant when she arrives. lol But my toddler loved it.

What has been your experience with the Maya Ring Sling? Love it? Hate it? Advice? Is it easy to breastfeed using this sling?

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I love the maya ring sling! its easy to take on and off and you can use it from day one up to when they are like 30lbs or somthing like that. I highly recommend it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I love my Maya Wrap with all my heart! I've breastfed and babycarried all 4 of my babies in my Maya. My 3 year old just dug it out and has been making me carry her on my back (she's only 25 pounds, so I'm not talking a huge toddler ;-)  

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I have one and i never used it so far. My son just didnt look very comfy in it when he was first born. I always used my Moby wrap, although now that you brought it up i will pull it out the closet and try again now that he is 7 months and can sit up on his own. My problem with the Maya was my sons head position, his chin was always touching his chest when i put him in and it would scare me. I probibly just didnt put him in the correct way. You will just have to try it out...

LaughterHugs
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM

maya is ok, depending on what type of shoulder it has. how old is your LO? single shoulder carriers tend to drag a bit once baby gets bigger, you CAN use 'em, but other types are comfier :D

remind me to come back, if you want more info

Gruntlings
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I don't recommend slings if you have any history of back issues. The only carrier I have ever found comfortable with my back issues is a wrap. BUT.. If you have it as a hand-me-down, definitely learn how to use it. Many people love ring slings and they're awesome to nurse in hands-free when you need to.

Just make sure you learn how to use it safely.

-Sarah
---------------------------------------------------------
Sarah is a mom to three and a moderator in the "Breastfeeding Moms" group. She runs Nurshable.com where she blogs about finding joy in gentle parenting.

Eliots_momma
by Jessica on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:00 PM
I LOVE to nurse in my maya! It gets a bit uncomfortable using it for long pds though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gsdlover
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Love it. Used mine with my youngest two. Saved my sanity since my oldest two are very rowdy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)