Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

What's your opinion of this picture?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Yay or Nay

Options:

Yay

Nay

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 92

View Results

The child is 4

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Replies (41-47):
justone_jen
by Jen on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this
My child will never remove my clothes from my body. Manners don't exclude nursing.

Biology isn't icky, but if you're not comfortable nursing a toddler, don't. It's that simple. Don't insinuate that women who do are "icky", please.

Quoting jakesmom323:

Honestly, I could care less what others do with their child, aside from abuse or mistreatment. But when they can clearly say, "Mommy, can I drink from you boob?" and stand and remove your clothes for you.....,.little on the icky side.... Here comes the haters ...I'm sure. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wenuck
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:01 PM
It doesnt bug me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dleon621
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:12 PM

there is something wrong with the mom that screams out"LOOK AT ME!!"the child looks like she doesnt even want to be fed,hopefully its not being forced on her.my opinion ofcourse

MamaDee83
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:19 PM

I said "yay" because it's not my business. If the mom and child are happy, then go for it. I don't think I would personally BF until 4 years old, but the little girl looks pretty relaxed and happy to me! Nothing wrong with that :-D

JMmama
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:24 PM
It seems awkward. She seems all dressed up and then her face is awkward. IDK. Something seems strange and it isn't the 4 year old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

good

Quoting justone_jen: My child will never remove my clothes from my body. Manners don't exclude nursing. Biology isn't icky, but if you're not comfortable nursing a toddler, don't. It's that simple. Don't insinuate that women who do are "icky," please.
Quoting jakesmom323: Honestly, I could care less what others do with their child, aside from abuse or mistreatment. But when they can clearly say, "Mommy, can I drink from you boob?" and stand and remove your clothes for you.....,.little on the icky side.... Here comes the haters ...I'm sure. Lol

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                         ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

Gruntlings
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Seems about normal for a 4 year old nursling. I self-weaned at 4 1/2. *shrug*

If you find it odd, research the natural age of weaning in the human species.

-Sarah
---------------------------------------------------------
Sarah is a mom to three and a moderator in the "Breastfeeding Moms" group. She runs Nurshable.com where she blogs about finding joy in gentle parenting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)