Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hope someone is up.. Nose drainage. Not nursing!! (PIOG)

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:56 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok DS (6mo) has a cold.. He is getting serious drainage down his throat causing him to gag & he is refusing to nurse because of the drainage.. He gags when I try to put my nipple in his mouth :(

How to help him?

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JasonsMom2007
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:57 PM
Put breastmilk up his nose
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Breastmilk in the nose, saline spray, suction, humidifier
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butrflyekises
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Try suctioning out his nose right before nursing .. Also try holding him as up right as possible while nursing.. Used to happen to my daughter a lot and I'd wind up in a chair all night to nurse
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MollyJmommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:01 AM
What they said lol try and keep him as upright as possible to nurse. My dd sits on my leg facing me and nurses when she's got a stuffy nose :\ warm bath will help clear his nose out long enough to nurse
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaTasha1003
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:04 AM

thanks ladies.. It was so late & I was soo tired I didnt get right back on that night.. We are doing all the above, except ive never thought about putting BM up his nose..

I was trying not to use saline, that stuff burns my nose & irritates it badly. Just afraid the same could happen to him & him not be able to tell me..

Everyone in the family is sick (DH, 6yoDD, 7moDS) with a horrid cold, except me.. :-/... This is my DS 2nd cold & they seem to just last forever :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)