Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

sunshine was born today!

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:04 AM
  • 20 Replies
I have breastfed on demand all day since 3:11 when she was born the first two feedings went great no pain good latch on right breast tried left breast and now that I'm not prego its inverted again going to try getting it out with my manual pump once home still offering it but she's not interested in it only the right one now the right one is sore... I've read here that can be normal the first couple of weeks... How long until I know for sure... She opens wide and I get a lot of areola in... I can see the ibclc tomorrow so of course ill be doing that.. just want any advice from you mamas! Thanks for teaching me so much before baby was even here I am confident we will bf for many yrs :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:07 AM

How long until you know what for sure?

Before you leave, ask for breast SHELLS to wear when not nursing. Be clear... SHELLS, not shields.

Honeybunches26
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:13 AM
How long until I know if this is normal discomfort or a bad latch or something else problem-matic I asked for shells and was given a shield something I knew wasn't right from all my time in here so I will ask again for shells when I talk to the ibclc tomorrow

Quoting gdiamante:

How long until you know what for sure?

Before you leave, ask for breast SHELLS to wear when not nursing. Be clear... SHELLS, not shields.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iamfree
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:16 AM

do you have lanilon? that helped tons with my baby's "favorite boob". congrats on your precious girl!

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Ah. You can tell that NOW. If the latch hurts only at the beginning and then not any longer, that's normal. Pain through a feeding is NOT normal. Nipple soreness after will be normal for weeks yet. It's DURING the feeding you want to concentrate on.

Honeybunches26
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:52 AM
Ah okay so it is a bad latch she is obsessed with eating her hands and I wonder if that causes her not to open wide enough? Def going to work on the latch with the lc tomorrow for now keep trying to get her to open wider.. thanks G!

Quoting gdiamante:

Ah. You can tell that NOW. If the latch hurts only at the beginning and then not any longer, that's normal. Pain through a feeding is NOT normal. Nipple soreness after will be normal for weeks yet. It's DURING the feeding you want to concentrate on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Congratulations! 

PEEK05
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:55 AM

A breast shield shell may help your inverted nipple.  The hospital should have one.

Honeybunches26
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks they just did s shift change and I was able to get one now I'm going to try it!

Quoting PEEK05:

A breast shield shell may help your inverted nipple.  The hospital should have one.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Hope it helps! It helped with my first when I had flat nipples after giving birth! I haven't had that issue since.

Quoting Honeybunches26:

Thanks they just did s shift change and I was able to get one now I'm going to try it!

Quoting PEEK05:

melindabelcher
by mel on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!!!!! I've been thinking/wondering about you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN