Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

i think i need an intervention!

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:24 AM
  • 8 Replies
Aiden will be 6 months on the 20th. I am so tempted to let him start tasting food! He is so interested! He grabs at everything. He chews air while i'm eating. He can sit unassisted for 30 seconds at a time. Aaahhhh! Should i do it or wait these last few days?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Stelladawn
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:28 AM
What's a couple more weeks? He has the rest of his life to eat...maybe Christmas Day could be his first tasting?
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:41 AM
It would either have to be the 20th or not until the 30th. I am supposed to reitroduce milk at 6 months and i chose christmas so i could actually eat with the rest of the family. Unlike everyone else on thanksgiving i was starving because my husbands family forgot i couldn't eat milk :( which i expected

Quoting Stelladawn:

What's a couple more weeks? He has the rest of his life to eat...maybe Christmas Day could be his first tasting?

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Why would it be not until the 30th? I'm missing something here, I think. But... for now, give him a spoon and a bowl and let him play with them. You can also make a popsicle of frizen breastmilk and let him have that. He doesn't know food is food. He knows you're doing something that takes attention away from HIM.

It would either have to be the 20th or not until the 30th. I am supposed to reitroduce milk at 6 months and i chose christmas so i could actually eat with the rest of the family. Unlike everyone else on thanksgiving i was starving because my husbands family forgot i couldn't eat milk :( which i expected

Quoting Stelladawn:

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:30 AM
I'm reintroducing milk and i don't want to add anything else into the mix until i'm positive he is not going to have a reaction from the milk.... or if he does have a reaction to the milk it took just under a week last time for the bloody stools to stop.

Quoting gdiamante:

Why would it be not until the 30th? I'm missing something here, I think. But... for now, give him a spoon and a bowl and let him play with them. You can also make a popsicle of frizen breastmilk and let him have that. He doesn't know food is food. He knows you're doing something that takes attention away from HIM.

Quoting Stelladawn:

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Hmmm. Then no solids till after milk's been reintroduced. Christmas day will indeed be a perfect day to start solids if no milk problems have appeared by then. Milk problmes will show up within a day.

So... milk on the 20th. Watch dipes on the 21st-22nd. If there are no problems, introduce solids on Christmas Day. If there ARE problems, then put the beginning of solids off for a few weeks as you were planning.

I'm reintroducing milk and i don't want to add anything else into the mix until i'm positive he is not going to have a reaction from the milk.... or if he does have a reaction to the milk it took just under a week last time for the bloody stools to stop. 
MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Thank you

Quoting gdiamante:

Hmmm. Then no solids till after milk's been reintroduced. Christmas day will indeed be a perfect day to start solids if no milk problems have appeared by then. Milk problmes will show up within a day.

So... milk on the 20th. Watch dipes on the 21st-22nd. If there are no problems, introduce solids on Christmas Day. If there ARE problems, then put the beginning of solids off for a few weeks as you were planning.

FebPenguins
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:01 PM

bloody stools are the result of you drinking milk?  I cannot drink milk b/c my children get horrible stomache aches and a lot of gas. Recently I had lots of cheese on my pizza, bad mistake!!

MommyO2-6631
by Leslie on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Yes he also spits up a lot, gets really gassy, cranky, and has a hard time sleeping and eating.

Quoting FebPenguins:

bloody stools are the result of you drinking milk?  I cannot drink milk b/c my children get horrible stomache aches and a lot of gas. Recently I had lots of cheese on my pizza, bad mistake!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)