Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Just got home from taking ds to the ER...

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:35 AM
  • 24 Replies
about the fine bumps on his face, neck, back and arms. They diagnosed "contact dermatitis" saying it's from something he touched and to only bathe him in plain warm water. I've been doing that anyway. No meds for it. Sat there for 3 hours to be told to do what I'm already doing. Wish I knew something more to do for my poor baby boy's skin, he's just 6 weeks old and I hate that it feels so rough on touch. He has no fever and is behaving as normal. Guess I can only keep taking care of him and pray that his skin heals back to normal.
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:40 AM
4 moms liked this
It takes time for skin to adjust from living in amniotic fluid constantly to being exposed to air, fabric, temperature differences, etc. Try to relax :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaxMomma78
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:53 AM
I would put vit e oil or olive oil on it if it's dry. And maybe just sponge bathe him with a warm soft each cloth and spray bm on the cloth.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ApachePunk
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this

put some breast milk on it, and relax. bumps on infant skin is normal. it clears up.

justone_jen
by Jen on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:04 AM
This.

Quoting ApachePunk:

put some breast milk on it, and relax. bumps on infant skin is normal. it clears up.

RadnRem
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I remember your other post and I wish I would have replied, but assumed I was wrong.

Both my 2nd and 3rd sons had a rash like that as newborns. Turned out to be from the perfume I was wearing both times.

Do you wear any perfume or maybe lotions that he could be reacting to? Do you use a mild, sensitive, or baby laundry soap on his clothes and blankets?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:34 AM
Also add watch what you're washing your own clothes in. We had to switch detergents for the whiole house (not just her clothes). And I second the breastmilk on the skin approach.
rowansmum
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:38 AM

This.  My middle child got the same from my aunt and cousin because of scented lotion.  My oldest still gets it from cologne 

Quoting RadnRem:

I remember your other post and I wish I would have replied, but assumed I was wrong.

Both my 2nd and 3rd sons had a rash like that as newborns. Turned out to be from the perfume I was wearing both times.

Do you wear any perfume or maybe lotions that he could be reacting to? Do you use a mild, sensitive, or baby laundry soap on his clothes and blankets?

jocelynred
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:41 AM

the most common "baby" laundry detergent at most big stores is Dreft. it smells so nice. like a newborn baby. but guess how it gets that scent? "fragrance". we had to switch to ALL Free and Clear for my dd. she could not tolerate any fragrance at all. good luck! hope he feels better.

silka08
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Free and clear detergents for all laundry. For yourself use only fragrance free lotions
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamiNlovinIt
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:05 AM
I stopped wearing perfume the day he was born and my lotion is fragrance-free. I do need to try a milder detergent though. Going to get some today and wash everything in it, plus try the bm for his skin. Thanks everyone!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN