Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Silly question

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:27 AM
  • 13 Replies
Will sleeping on my stomach affect milk supply?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RadnRem
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:32 AM
3 moms liked this
Nope, it won't! If youre still in the early days of engorgement, it may just be uncomfortable. It was for me, lol. I sleep on my stomach any chance I get. Aka.....when I can break my sons perma-latch he has in the middle of the night ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:34 AM
No, not even slightly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Nope, after my c-section that was the only way i could get comfy (oddly enough) but it was uncomfortable for a few nights. 

justone_jen
by Jen on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:46 AM
Lol! Me too! It doesn't happen often!

Quoting RadnRem:

Nope, it won't! If youre still in the early days of engorgement, it may just be uncomfortable. It was for me, lol. I sleep on my stomach any chance I get. Aka.....when I can break my sons perma-latch he has in the middle of the night ;-)
MonicaAnne
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:49 AM
Great thank you ladies. DS is almost 6 months and every now and then I can catch a break at night and wanna sleep on my tummy.
RadnRem
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol, it happens at nap time too! I work nights, so I was trying to sleep when he did earlier. I wanted to sleep on my stomach so badly! So I unlatched him, he did his frantic arm thing, and rooted around for a boob. I got slick and just put arm/elbow right up against him. He totally thought it was a boob, lol! He didn't suck on it (thank goodness), but as long as something is at least touching his closed lips.....he seems ok with that sometimes.

I felt like james bond. :-)

Quoting justone_jen:

Quoting RadnRem:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Jen on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:19 AM
That's so funny. I work nights, too. :) She has sort of reverse cycled, so when I get home, she's latched!

Quoting RadnRem:

Lol, it happens at nap time too! I work nights, so I was trying to sleep when he did earlier. I wanted to sleep on my stomach so badly! So I unlatched him, he did his frantic arm thing, and rooted around for a boob. I got slick and just put arm/elbow right up against him. He totally thought it was a boob, lol! He didn't suck on it (thank goodness), but as long as something is at least touching his closed lips.....he seems ok with that sometimes.

Quoting justone_jen:

Quoting RadnRem:

RadnRem
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:37 AM
I work evenings and nights. But even with the evening shift, I don't get home til about 2 a.m.
But my son has reverse cycled too. I'm either gone for 11 hrs or 15 hrs when I work. Sometimes, he takes as little as 5 or 6 oz! He definitely makes up for it when I get home!

Quoting justone_jen:

That's so funny. I work nights, too. :) She has sort of reverse cycled, so when I get home, she's latched!

Quoting RadnRem:

Quoting justone_jen:

Quoting RadnRem:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adrianna1043
by Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 2:56 AM
1 mom liked this
My baby does the same thing! Lol

Quoting RadnRem:

Quoting justone_jen:

Quoting RadnRem:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Nope, BUT I will give you a heads up, I woken up many times with clogged ducts from sleeping on my boobs for too long lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN