Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Just have to brag on my cousin..

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:06 PM
  • 3 Replies
The co custody battle post made me think of this...

My cousin got pregnant just out of high school. Her family is not supportive and the dad was still in high school (very immature, he's a good dad they just are not a good couple). She was able to nurse to 22 months. Her daughter weaned when her milk changed when she got pregnant with #2. (She was married at this time). When she delivered her ds, her husband was in Afghanistan, and "attended" the birth via Skype. #2 nursed until she got pregnant again (20 mo). She had 3 miscarriages before conceiving #3 and is still nursing #3 at 18 months.

It's so common to hear of people in her shoes giving up or not trying on the first place. (young, little support, initially a single working mother with no child support, etc) and still be able to nurse beyond a year. She's my role model (even though she's 3 years younger than me!) and I really hope she's able to pass on her success by sharing her story to those who are struggling in the beginning!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
catholicmamamia
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:44 PM

It is wonderful that your cousin is still nursing.. thanks for sharing! 

gsdlover
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Awesome!  :)

mckinneymom918
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:07 PM
That's awesome! With my oldest, I wasn't in high school, but I was in college full time, single, working full time and I didn't think I could add breastfeeding onto my already full plate, since for the first 6 months of her life (until I graduated) there would be days I would drop her at 7am to go to work and not see her until 10pm when I got home from class, so I would be almost exclusively pumping during that time. I made the decision that I thought was best at the time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN