Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Starting work

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:13 PM
  • 6 Replies
I start work on monday. It is a ten hour shift once a week. I will be the only employee and won't have 15 minutes every three hours to pump.

Will it be okay to just hand express for comfort or will one day of not feeding or pumping effect my supply too much?

I will have one break where I will go home and nurse levi probably half way through.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
GimmieMoKimmy
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:24 PM
How old is your LO. One time I was in a position where I couldn't nurse properly one day. I was VERY full. didn't really affect my supply, but I don't think I couldve waited that long if she was nursing at the same lvl as she did as a newborn and I'm not convinced sneaking in a few squeezes for comfort wouldve been enough. At 20mos I can get away with the schedule you outline.

I think your body will eventually adjust and not affect your overall flow, but it may be painful in the beginning
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:33 PM
He turned 8 months old yesterday.

Quoting GimmieMoKimmy:

How old is your LO. One time I was in a position where I couldn't nurse properly one day. I was VERY full. didn't really affect my supply, but I don't think I couldve waited that long if she was nursing at the same lvl as she did as a newborn and I'm not convinced sneaking in a few squeezes for comfort wouldve been enough. At 20mos I can get away with the schedule you outline.

I think your body will eventually adjust and not affect your overall flow, but it may be painful in the beginning
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:35 PM
1 day with hand expressing for comfort shouldnt be problematic.
I would pump/nurse every morning and when you get home on mondays
melindabelcher
by mel on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:36 PM
If your prone to leaking you could try the milkies
pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:39 PM
I leak constantly it seems. I still use breast pads.
I had planned on pumping like you suggested but if I can't get "enough" or he refuses it, he will be fine with juice/water and solids for one day right?

Quoting melindabelcher:

If your prone to leaking you could try the milkies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by mel on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:42 PM
Yah. I would definetly look into the milkies cause you may be looking like a wet t shirt contest lol.
leave whatever you can (up to 10-12oz) the rest solids/water.
I personally wouldnt do juice this young
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)