Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

anyone taking Fenugreek?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:29 AM
  • 13 Replies

is it crazy that i'm taking 2 pills 6 times a day?

i think it's a bit much and some days it seems like it's working and other times it seems like it's not working.

like last night, i was trying to BF and there was not milk coming out for my son.

maybe i'm not taking enough?

maybe it's not working?

idk.....

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:38 AM
I took some with DD2. I never felt like it worked for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slransde
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:39 AM
I took it once a day and had great results. It increased my milk a ton, though I didn't like smelling like syrup. I'm guessing it just won't work for you if you are taking that many.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vinalex0581
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:43 AM

i started out taking 2 a day and it wasn't working.

Quoting slransde:

I took it once a day and had great results. It increased my milk a ton, though I didn't like smelling like syrup. I'm guessing it just won't work for you if you are taking that many.

DirtyHippyMama
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I would maybe try a blend like Motherlove's More Milk Plus (which has Fenugreek, Blessed Thistle, Nettle, Fennel and some other ingredients that boost milk supply. You might get better results. Also eat some oatmeal!! 

vinalex0581
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:48 AM

i ate oatmeal cookies every single day for 2 months!

didn't work for me.

Quoting DirtyHippyMama:

I would maybe try a blend like Motherlove's More Milk Plus (which has Fenugreek, Blessed Thistle, Nettle, Fennel and some other ingredients that boost milk supply. You might get better results. Also eat some oatmeal!! 

fortressmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Steel cut oats and almonds are the best. How can you tell nothing is coming out for LO? I have read your other post dealing with his nursing and he's honestly just going through a nasty growth spurt right now.  Your supply is going to take a bit of a hit right now, but keep him at the breast and drink lots of water, gatorade, or coconut water through the day. It will rebound, but not if you keep stressing so much.  You've got to relax and trust your body and your baby!  Diaper count tell supply story. 6-8 daily with soaked and poo counting as two and you have plenty:)

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this
You've never once posted anything to suspect a low supply. Why are you taking them? Milk doesn't just not come out, again mama, you're overthinking things. He's having a growth spurt. If he wasn't getting enough milk, he wouldn't be producing enough diapers. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortyali
by Alicia on Dec. 9, 2012 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Vina like others have said. He's having a growth spurt so expect him to be nursing nonstop and acting like he's starving. This is normal. You don't need the supplements.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ruthie11617
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 4:58 PM

When I was working, I took 3 pills, 3 times a day. They say if you don't smell like maple syrup, you aren't taking enough. I haven't taken it since I stopped working, but I'm thinking of starting back up again, just because my body is not working with me right now.

happymommy2b90
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:00 PM
I take two 3 times a day idk if it works for me my baby is getting enough but Ive been taking them since he was like 2 weeks old because I thought I wasn't making enough. He is now 10 weeks old I'm thinking of not taking them anymore but I'm scared my supply will decrease. I also take mothers milk tea and more milk plus.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN