Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

is it crazy that i'm taking 2 pills 6 times a day?

i think it's a bit much and some days it seems like it's working and other times it seems like it's not working.

like last night, i was trying to BF and there was not milk coming out for my son.

maybe i'm not taking enough?

maybe it's not working?

idk.....

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Replies (11-13):
Juliet8826
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Quoting happymommy2b90:

I take two 3 times a day idk if it works for me my baby is getting enough but Ive been taking them since he was like 2 weeks old because I thought I wasn't making enough. He is now 10 weeks old I'm thinking of not taking them anymore but I'm scared my supply will decrease. I also take mothers milk tea and more milk plus.

Now that your supply is established it should be fine to wean off of the fenugreek. I would just cut out a couple pills every few days. I know exactly how you feel. When you struggle with supply in the early days it is hard to believe that your body will ever just cooperate, but now that all is working well it should be fine. As long as you keep feeding on demand your body will know what to do now.

It seems like nearly everyone worries about supply at one time or another but I think the only reason is that we live in a culture where bottle feeding is the norm and so we feel like we need quantifiable evidence of how much our baby eats every day. The VAST majority of women make plenty of milk. It really doesn't happen that your milk will just decrease without reason. If you've established a good breastfeeding relationship (ie it's been working for a month or more), your baby nurses on demand, you haven't had any unusually long seperations from your baby, and you're not trying to night wean or do a schedule for your little one, there is NO reason that your supply would be anything but exactly what your baby needs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:27 PM

I took 4 pills 4 times a day so not 12 pills a day is not that crazy lol

That being said I needed the extra boost for pumping when at work, basically I needed more than if I was nursing at the breast.

I bet you are just seeing a growth spurt

happymommy2b90
by Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Thanks for the tip mama!

Quoting Juliet8826:

Quoting happymommy2b90:

I take two 3 times a day idk if it works for me my baby is getting enough but Ive been taking them since he was like 2 weeks old because I thought I wasn't making enough. He is now 10 weeks old I'm thinking of not taking them anymore but I'm scared my supply will decrease. I also take mothers milk tea and more milk plus.

Now that your supply is established it should be fine to wean off of the fenugreek. I would just cut out a couple pills every few days. I know exactly how you feel. When you struggle with supply in the early days it is hard to believe that your body will ever just cooperate, but now that all is working well it should be fine. As long as you keep feeding on demand your body will know what to do now.

It seems like nearly everyone worries about supply at one time or another but I think the only reason is that we live in a culture where bottle feeding is the norm and so we feel like we need quantifiable evidence of how much our baby eats every day. The VAST majority of women make plenty of milk. It really doesn't happen that your milk will just decrease without reason. If you've established a good breastfeeding relationship (ie it's been working for a month or more), your baby nurses on demand, you haven't had any unusually long seperations from your baby, and you're not trying to night wean or do a schedule for your little one, there is NO reason that your supply would be anything but exactly what your baby needs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)