Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

how do you nurse

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:16 PM
  • 31 Replies

Poll

Question: how do you choose to nurse in public?

Options:

I use a cover of some sort always

Sometimes I cover sometimes I dont

I don't cover but I try to be as modest as possible

I just whip it out!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 68

View Results

just curious :) Im interested to see how everyone chooses to nurse. Id be curious about your choices and why. No judgements here. You are all doing something wonderful for your children and it doesnt matter how you do it. 

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jujubee12
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont cover, mostly cause its too difficult for me. I find it hard to nurse with a cover and its just frustrating. But around my FIL I turn around until my son is latched cause even though he says its fine I know hes uncomfortable seeing his daughter in laws boob lol

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:50 PM

totally depends on where I am but in public I try to be discrete, now in my home I dont care who is here i whip it out

mckinneymom918
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:50 PM
I cover, I'm a modest person. But also I wouldn't want someone else to be offended
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jjchick75
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:55 PM
2 moms liked this

It's more modest if I don't cover lol. My babies all hate being covered and I have been exposed and embarrased far worse when covering than not! I use the two shirt method. Top shirt goes up, bottom shirt goes down, and on goes baby! Best idea I was ever given!

mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm pretty sneaky and shy but it seems the covers draw a lot of attention. I said it in another post, I can't tell the difference between a mom holding a sleeping baby and a mom nursing one. But those covers are unmistakable. And people who hate nip usually are just as whipped out of shape if mom is completely under a cover. If I expect to be in a tricky situation I wear nursing tanks under a button down shirt.
MaryJarrett
by Mary on Dec. 10, 2012 at 4:58 PM
I don't have an option to choose on the list. I don't "try to be modest" but I don't just "whip it out".
newbabystarr09
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:00 PM

At  home I just whip it out..NIP I wear a nursing tank and another shirt on top that is open..I like the tank because it covers my tummy I take a light weight baby blanket and tuck the edge of the blanket through mt tank strap..

I cover when out

CafeMom Tickers  

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

wyldebtrfly
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:06 PM

The answer changes for me.

At home? Whipping it out unless there's a reason not to.

In public. I don't nurse my nursling in public now unless there's a reason (she's older) but as a newborn we'd cover until baby had head control and I could latch without issue, after that, we'd nurse without a cover/discreetly. 

kylersmommy
by Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:15 PM
At home, I just whip it out! Out in public,(which in 10wks I've only had to do a handful of times so far) I use.the two shirt method and have a baby blanket just kinda laying there, kinda just near my boob.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jujubee12
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Quoting MaryJarrett:

I don't have an option to choose on the list. I don't "try to be modest" but I don't just "whip it out".

how would you describe your public nursing style then, in your own words? I should have listed more options but I just assumed people would just elaborate in the comments. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)