Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

after 30 months...

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:47 AM
  • 27 Replies

my period decided to join me again :( now heres a question my husband and i had sex saturday and sunday night, saturday before sex like all day long i felt like i was cramping, could that have been me ovulating? and yes because we had sex i know i could be pregnant which im ok with, but are odds in my favor or is the time period in which you are more likely to get pregnant after your period?

*also please dont get upset this isnt one of those could i be pregnant posts i tend to get upset over all the time, you have sex yes you could be pregnant this is more of a could i have been ovulating saturday if so yay i may be pregnant posts ;)*

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.Martinez201
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Awe, I'm sorry! I love no period time !
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SadieJames
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

You ovulate approximately halfway through your cycle.  Since you're just getting back to having a cycle that means it could really be anytime.  Usually though sex a few days before or after the start of your period will not lead to pregnancy - but that's not always a guarantee.  I suggest reading "Taking Charge of Your Fertility".

BroCosMom
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:51 AM

thanks! will do :) dont tell my husband but a part of me is hoping i am lol ;)

Quoting SadieJames:

You ovulate approximately halfway through your cycle.  Since you're just getting back to having a cycle that means it could really be anytime.  Usually though sex a few days before or after the start of your period will not lead to pregnancy - but that's not always a guarantee.  I suggest reading "Taking Charge of Your Fertility".

collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:51 AM
You can get pregnant at any time when you ovulate, so you may be pregnant!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BroCosMom
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:53 AM

yes i understand that was just wondering when you ovulate as ive never kept track and have no idea :)

Quoting collinsmommy0:

You can get pregnant at any time when you ovulate, so you may be pregnant!

rowansmum
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Cramping can signal ovulation yes. The egg lives for up to 24 hours (i believe) before its basically dead. That window is your fertile window. Keep in.mind sperm can live several days in you. After ovulation your egg is dead so you're safe. However all that being said we don't know for sure if your cramping was ovulation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rowansmum
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:55 AM
If you have a smartphone you can get period tracker apps that can help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BroCosMom
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:55 AM

man i wish i knew lol, with my middle son he self weaned at 19 months, come to find out he weaned because i was pregnant never had a period spotting nothing, so im kinda hoping this was it and i am but shhh ;)

Quoting rowansmum:

Cramping can signal ovulation yes. The egg lives for up to 24 hours (i believe) before its basically dead. That window is your fertile window. Keep in.mind sperm can live several days in you. After ovulation your egg is dead so you're safe. However all that being said we don't know for sure if your cramping was ovulation.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Did your period just start?  Ovulation occurs 10-14 days before your period begins, so if it did jsut start Saturday/Sunday would not have been ovulation.

larissalarie
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:53 AM
You usually ovulate about 14 days before your period starts, so it's unlikely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)