Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what's your favorite pump??

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:51 AM
  • 13 Replies
I got a playtex pump with ds and it worked great. One side stopped working (fixable I'm sure but I just didn't) and I only nursed for 3 months. I'm due any day now and knew exactly where the pump was. I just went to get it and its gone!! I think dh thought I meant it was totally not working and threw it out! So now I need a new pump for just occasional use. What is your favorite??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CocoMama88
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Bumpity bump!
christineT79
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I got a medella pump n style from my insurance co & I love it.

kjlmommy
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I love the Lansinoh Double Electric, or the Ameda Purely Yours.  They are the exact same pump.  The design makes it so that no milk can back up into the machine, it is easy to use and very effective.  I exclusively pumped for my daughter for 6 months with it, pumped very occasionally for my DS with it, and am now using it for my newborn.  Love it, and the price is really reasonable.

CocoMama88
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:06 PM
How do you go about getting one from your insurance company??

Quoting christineT79:

christineT79
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Quoting CocoMama88:

How do you go about getting one from your insurance company??

Quoting christineT79:

I'll tell ya how I did it. When I went to WIC when I was pregnant the lactation consultant gave me some paper work to give to my pediatrician. After I had the baby I gave the paperwork to her Dr & he filled it out & faxed it in & I recieved the pump in the mail the next day. It came with an invoice & it said that the pump was 300.00! My insurance paid for it! I was so happy because this is a good pump that will last me forever. You can ask you future pediatrican for info or call your insurance co & ask.

gdiamante
by Gina on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:26 PM

The Playtex is on our list of pumps to avoid, specifically for problems like the one you had.

Avent Isis for occasional use. Accept no substitutes. $40 tops.

By the way, in this group, please don't bump your posts till an hour has passed with no answer. Top of the group is worst position here because we mods work backwards from oldest post. Bumps are like hanging up the phone with the power company and redialing.

mckinneymom918
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Medela freestyle.
gdiamante
by Gina on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:29 PM

The Medelas are great pumps for LOTS of use... for occasional pumping, I wouldn't do more than an Avent Isis. 

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:32 PM

For occational use, I'd get a manual... the Lansinoh Manual or Medela Harmony.    If you really, really want an electric (you really don't need one, I prefer manual pumps anyway), then look at the Lansinoh Affinity.

K8wizzo
by Kate on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:45 PM

avent isis manual!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)