Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a breastfeeding aunt

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:35 PM
  • 14 Replies
2 moms liked this
My SIL and I have discussed several times about if the needed ever arose, we would be okay with the other breastfeeding our kid. She left her 7 month old son here today, and I woke up to hearing him screaming bloody murder. She didn't feed him before she left and there's no telling how long she's going to be gone. We don't have any more formula for him and we are out of baby food. So I decided I would feed him. He ate and went right to sleep.

Although, he did get mad when my daughter woke up and he had to share. LOL
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amycrow0949
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I see nothing wrong with that at all. I think thats great you could feed your nephew
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aydensXmommy
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm excited. I'm glad I don't have to rely on formula to feed him. He just took right to it no problem. It calmed him down when he desperately needed it.

I guess I'm his favorite aunt now lol.

Quoting amycrow0949:

I see nothing wrong with that at all. I think thats great you could feed your nephew
AlexSosa
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats very cool. I once met a woman who said when her daughter was little her sister had a son around the same time and they were both breastfeeding. The boy was a lame eater and the girl was a glutton, so when the sister was engorged they switched babies for a while. I think that is super cool. I would be more than willing to do the same if ever the need arose.

Eliots_momma
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
That is awesome :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aydensXmommy
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM
2 moms liked this
That is awesome. I'm glad my SIL and I have the close relationship where it doesn't weird us out, and we already forewarned the family not to be grossed out if they saw the wrong baby on the tap lol.

Quoting AlexSosa:

Thats very cool. I once met a woman who said when her daughter was little her sister had a son around the same time and they were both breastfeeding. The boy was a lame eater and the girl was a glutton, so when the sister was engorged they switched babies for a while. I think that is super cool. I would be more than willing to do the same if ever the need arose.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Awesome! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KendraCay
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:43 PM

i think it's wonderful! I know I would do the same. And expect my sister would to if the need arose and they were able. Good job!

melindabelcher
by mel on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:52 PM
Thats awesome!
christineT79
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Def somthing to bring up when he turns 16. lol. That's awesome.

Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:18 PM
lol.....so sweet and funny he got mad he had to share. I bfed my nephew when all else failed. He took some but wasnt very happy that I wasnt his mommy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)