Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 10 week old always wants to eat!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:13 PM
  • 6 Replies

My 10 week old baby boy always wants to eat he could have been sleeping for 10 minutes and if I accidentally wake him up he wants to eat again. Some of the time I think he only wants to suck cause he will go back to sleep again but he wont take a binki on his own and recently he found his hands and will suck on them but we dont want him to start sucking his thumb though but I dont want to stop his development. Does anyone have any ideas we can try cause my nipples are starting to get sore more frequently but I dont want to have to stop breastfeeding.

Briana<3wreath

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gdiamante
by Gina on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:30 PM

His behavior is normal. If you want to offer a pacifier you can, but if he changes the latch and starts hurting you then the pacifier needs to go.

This is just the latest in a string of things that ARE normal but seem like they're not.

hthrlcl
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM
my son was like that, then he found his thumb, he stopped sucking his thumb on his own at 7 months. It didnt hurt him in anyway, and is ahead on his milestones
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Yes, it is completely normal. The growth spurts are frequent at this time and comfort sucking is a biological NEED that is supposed to be met at the breast. If you're experiencing pain, have the latch checked and use your milk and lanolin to help with the pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:38 PM
very very normal. all mine did this :) slings always helped me get through that stage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Sounds like growth spurt

MommyO2-6631
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:05 PM
My son still does this. I don't even take his paci to the bedroom because it just makes him mad if it's not the boob. Sometimes he sucks 2-3 times and immediately falls asleeo
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)