Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spit up!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM
  • 6 Replies
Ds is 7 weeks old and uses me as his personal throw up rag. I have tried switching my diet, everything I can think of and nothing seems to easy his spitting up. Some days are better than others but, not by much. I called the dr and he said he will evaluate him next week at his scheduled appointment. He seems to still be gaining weight. Anyone got advice?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
babyksmom1019
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Bump
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Baby's spit up, it's not really a concern unless weight gain and diaper count is affected. Do you have forceful letdown?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babyksmom1019
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Yes, my let down basically pours out. I have to pull him off for a minute or so to let it relax.
I just feel bad for him cause he eats then it seems like it all comes back up. Ds1 had the same problem too but, dd didn't.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Baby's spit up, it's not really a concern unless weight gain and diaper count is affected. Do you have forceful letdown?

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Try recline nursing. Lay back and nurse him on top of you, belly to belly. Or nurse with him upright in a sitting position.
If you go on Kellymom.com and search "forceful letdown", it will give you tons of tips to help with it. :)

Quoting babyksmom1019:

Yes, my let down basically pours out. I have to pull him off for a minute or so to let it relax.

I just feel bad for him cause he eats then it seems like it all comes back up. Ds1 had the same problem too but, dd didn't.

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christineT79
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:00 PM

My baby spits up too. All the time. Like 20 times a day. I swear I feel like me & my whole house is covered in her vomit. She is 3 months & has been doing this since mabey 1 month. It's gross, it stinks & sometimes its chunky. I was worried about her having acid reflux but her Dr told me that most babies spit up. If she screams bloody murder while spitting up or right after spitting up then it's probly acid reflux & if she projective vomits then it's probly an allergy to my food. I think my baby just over eats & I may also have an overactive letdown.

babyksmom1019
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Awesome! Thanks!

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Try recline nursing. Lay back and nurse him on top of you, belly to belly. Or nurse with him upright in a sitting position.

If you go on Kellymom.com and search "forceful letdown", it will give you tons of tips to help with it. :)

Quoting babyksmom1019:

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)