Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

My husband would rather I give up

Posted by   + Show Post
Breastfeeding altogether that is. I've chosen to exclusively pump but even when I was putting baby directly on my breast i still got complaints. He thinks I spend too much time making milk as he puts it. Says I'm lazy because the majority of my day is taking care of both the kids and pumping milk. But this is important. My kids come first. I'm mommy. And yes I need to pump every two to three hours, its necessary.

He just doesn't get it. He sees the milk piling up in the freezer and tells me that its enough. What's the point of storing it if I'm just going to keep adding to all that. He says I make enough that I don't have to do it so often. But I don't know how many times I could explain that I'm making enough because of my feeding schedule.

I feel like he just resents me at times. People around us are able to go out to parties, movies, etc on a whim and he feels I'm holding him back from it all and making marriage and life in general boring for him at this point. But he doesn't feel comfortable with me whipping my boob for nursing or pumping when people are around. I do draw the line when its family. Screw that they could deal with it. But if anyone else is around I either have to skip a feeding or seclude myself in a room till I'm done.

I just had an appt for wic and he told me to as for formula. I said I would not and he just kept trying to come up with excuses for me to do so. Like "oh but you'll be able to sleep more." It's just so discouraging.

Idk what to do. I don't want him to get so fed up with his "boring" life because I'm actually choosing to breastfeed. But I dont want to give up producing and feeding my baby what's best. Sorry for the long post. But its been eating at me and I had to get it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 4:07 AM
Replies (91-93):
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Dec. 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM

And your babies are beutiful!!!   happy

Quoting ncohetero:

ugh thats what i say. hes my third child. and he's acting like i'm mommy to him and taking some attention away from him. he can be like our two year old at times and want me to just do things fo rhim back to back. but now thats just not happening. i cant even entertain that idea because as you said mommy knows best and i know i need and want to do this for our son

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Im not going to bash your hubby,, he is yor hubby!! Im just going to remind you that he is a man, and men are BABIES too. Hes just jelouse. He just wants some attention or is worried your making yourself tiered. My husband says all the time im so proud of you for breastfeeding, but when he wants to go somewhere that would involve me leaving the baby he will say oh man he is 8 months old now, dont you think its enough??? You gotta take it with a grain of salt. Dont upset yourself by some B.S. he is going through. YOU are the MOMMY. MOMMY knows BEST!!  

MamaDee83
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 5:32 PM

OP, I'm sorry, and I don't really want to hate on your DH, but he is acting like a total child. Grow the fuck up (him, not you) and get over yourself.

Ck39
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:58 AM
I can totally relate! My hubby isn't supportive of me ebf either.W my daughter I wasn't able to nurse, so, unfortunately, she was ff. This time around w my son I was able to ebf & 1) bonding is a far better experience 2) it's far better 4 my son 3) I get more sleep 4) it's cheaper & far more convenient & I'm a working mom, so I have to pump too. My hubby is concerned my breasts will sag the longer I do it, it takes too long to nurse, etc. My hubby thinks my daughter turned out just fine, so y not ff. My goal was to ebf 4 3-6 months, well, my son will be 6 mo's in 3 days & I don't plan on stopping anytime soon! I've decided this is the best thing I can do 4 my baby, so that's what I'm going to do. Love my hubby, but what's important 4 our son takes priority over his opinion regarding it. Someone told me on here that the only real support you need is yourself, believe in yourself & what you are doing. This little advice has given me the strength to continue to make the sacrifices for our son that I have.
Sorry it's so long, your story just hit home w me. Msg me if you'd like to chat more. Good luck momma! You are doing the right thing!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN