Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would I be able to take for this ache?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:28 AM
  • 8 Replies
My lower back is getting really bad pain wise. It aches so bad anymore that it's getting hard to get around. I can barely pick my son up. He's 14 months, by the way. He still nurses anywhere from 2-6 times in a 24 hr period. Im thinking its time to see a doc about my back. What am I going to be able to take for pain management?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Ibuprophen 800 is safe for nursing. I read that low doses of hydrocodine are ok( if the benifits outweigh the risks) I think all it would do is make your baby kinda sleepy. I took 800 ibuprophen after my son way born and I would always take it after a nursing sesion.... 

SuperMom2433
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:39 AM
I have tried over the counter ibuprofen and it doesn't help. But I haven't tried 800mg. Those are the prescribed ones, right?

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Ibuprophen 800 is safe for nursing. I read that low doses of hydrocodine are ok( if the benifits outweigh the risks) I think all it would do is make your baby kinda sleepy. I took 800 ibuprophen after my son way born and I would always take it after a nursing sesion.... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PolishMamma2
by Marta on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Yeah. They work good for me. I was in a car accedent a few years back and I still have my days when the pain gets bad but I just flat out refuse to take a narcodic.( Bad history) anyway talk to your Dr about those, There is also Patches but im not sure if they are safe while BF.

Quoting SuperMom2433:

I have tried over the counter ibuprofen and it doesn't help. But I haven't tried 800mg. Those are the prescribed ones, right?

Quoting PolishMamma2:

SuperMom2433
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Yeah, I dont want any muscle relaxers or vicoden which is what they always try to give me. I just want something that will ease the ache and pain. I need to be able to function throughout the day. Im only 28. I can't even imagine how Im going to feel when Im 50.

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Yeah. They work good for me. I was in a car accedent a few years back and I still have my days when the pain gets bad but I just flat out refuse to take a narcodic.( Bad history) anyway talk to your Dr about those, There is also Patches but im not sure if they are safe while BF.

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christineT79
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Any NSAID (non-staroidal anti-inflammatory) like ibuprofen (advil or motrin) a little aleve & tylenol. Mabey try a chiropractor too. Good luck momma.

christineT79
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Over the counter ibuprofen is usually 200mgs but you can just take 4 tablets to equal 800mgs.

PolishMamma2
by Marta on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Me and you both! To add insult to injury I have arthritis too, funny huh? Its scary if you think about it. I try to be super good to my kids therefor one of them will take care of me when Iget old. LOL   feel better

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Yeah, I dont want any muscle relaxers or vicoden which is what they always try to give me. I just want something that will ease the ache and pain. I need to be able to function throughout the day. Im only 28. I can't even imagine how Im going to feel when Im 50.

Quoting PolishMamma2:

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Quoting PolishMamma2:

SadieJames
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Have you tried Chiropractic care? I swear by it and it keeps me from being heavily medicated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)