Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM
  • 13 Replies
My husband just left work to go to the hospital.... I want to be there with him and he want me to come so I tried to pump and only got 1.5 oz.... What would happen if I bought formula for just incase? I don't really want it in the house but I feel like I have no other opinion right now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lindsayhoy0612
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Idk if I made it clear but the point is I don't want to bring my baby to a germy hospital and I'm trying to find a sitter
AlexSosa
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:05 PM

If you are going to a germy hospital you will bring germs home anyways, but I wouldnt worry about it. Babies are born in the hospital, just wash your hands a whole lot while you are there. I wouldnt do formula unless absolutley nessesary, and by that I mean you have explored every other option first.

audmom1218
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:22 PM
How far away is the hospital? If its a reasonable distance from a trusted sitter (within 30-45 min) I would go to the hospit, leave what you can and come home every 3 hrs to nurse.
ruby_jewel_04
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Don't do it. Just take baby with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:24 PM

1.5 ounces will be enough for an hour and a half, probably not enough. If you buy formula your biggest risk is that baby won't take it. If that happens, baby needs to be brought to you. Your second biggest risk is that baby will upchuck it all. If that happens, baby will need to be brought to you.

Expect baby will wind up there with you at some point if your husband is seriously ill. Go... bring your pump. I hope he's OK.

Lindsayhoy0612
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:00 PM
I left the 1.5 and gave my mom a jar of sweet potatoes.... I think she'll be good
ruby_jewel_04
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:03 PM
How old is baby?

Quoting Lindsayhoy0612:

I left the 1.5 and gave my mom a jar of sweet potatoes.... I think she'll be good

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindsayhoy0612
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:21 PM
5 months today
rHOPEb
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I'd just take baby with

mamabens
by Miranda on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I would just take baby along...definitely wouldnt' give solids before 6 months....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)