Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tempted to just have him sleep WITH me!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:22 PM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this

OH MY!  Growth spurts are draining.  :P  I have been up every 2hrs the past 3 nights with our son.  UGH!  He is a few days shy of 5mos and weighing in at around 20lbs.  If hubby wasn't on vacation I'd just plop him in bed with me!  hahahaha.....maybe its a good thing he's off so we don't start a habbit I wouldn't be able to break........

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM
7 moms liked this

Co-sleeping is a wonderful option any time!
I think it's very important for health & safety.

:-)

rHOPEb
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:25 PM

There's no room :(  We have a full bed for me and hubby.  It barely fits us!  I found myself dozing in the recliner (in our son's room) around 2am this morning.  I think that's why my back is so sore......

Hubby works nightshift, so when he's off we like our time together.  I get 2-4 nights a week with him (depending on what week it is).

Quoting doulala:

mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:26 PM
3 moms liked this
Cosleeping saved my sanity! With my first I did it as a last resort. With the three that followed it was my first response. ;-) I can't imagine having to get up out of bed every couple hours.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Can you set up a little pack and play or bassinet in there--    or a little bed in his room for you?

Quoting rHOPEb:

There's no room :(  We have a full bed for me and hubby.  It barely fits us!  I found myself dozing in the recliner (in our son's room) around 2am this morning.  I think that's why my back is so sore......

Hubby works nightshift, so when he's off we like our time together.  I get 2-4 nights a week with him (depending on what week it is).

Quoting doulala:

rHOPEb
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I wish.  Our rooms are tiny already.  That's why we don't have a queen bed for us.

Quoting doulala:

Can you set up a little pack and play or bassinet in there--    or a little bed in his room for you?

Quoting rHOPEb:

Quoting doulala:

rHOPEb
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I feel like a zombie today, and I'm pretty sure I look like one too.....

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Cosleeping saved my sanity! With my first I did it as a last resort. With the three that followed it was my first response. ;-) I can't imagine having to get up out of bed every couple hours.

gdiamante
by Gina on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:31 PM
4 moms liked this

Do you have a sofa? How about putting Dad there?

rHOPEb
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:35 PM

hahahaha........LOVE to, but that won't happen.  Its so funny how each child is different!  Our daughter was sleeping through the night at a month old, even with growth spurts!  Hubby works nights, so I can't bring myself to put him out on the couch when he's actually home :(  I will eventually get some sleep, right? :D

Quoting gdiamante:

Do you have a sofa? How about putting Dad there?

NicLof2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
We co sleep and its very convenient but honestly I wouldn't start it if I could get him to sleep in his own bed. My lo is 11 months old and he won't sleep unless he's with me. The moment I put him down he wakes up screaming. Makes snuggle time with hubby hard.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rHOPEb
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Both of our children have slept in their cribs in their rooms since the very first day coming home from hospital.  We decided with our first that our room was for us, plus our bed is WAY too small for extra people.  :)  But our lil man seems to think he doesn't need sleep and mommy does!  

Quoting NicLof2:

We co sleep and its very convenient but honestly I wouldn't start it if I could get him to sleep in his own bed. My lo is 11 months old and he won't sleep unless he's with me. The moment I put him down he wakes up screaming. Makes snuggle time with hubby hard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)