Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rude :(

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:54 PM
  • 10 Replies

While I was pregnant my OB ordered an ultrasound on my boob. A few years ago I noticed a lump and went in, got 2 biopsies and it came back that I had a non-cancerous tumor. That was that they never set up a follow up. well at this biopsy they said it "we will see you in 6 months when youre done breastfeeding to do another ultrasound." That would put me at 3mo PP, where I am now. Now why the hell would I be done breastfeeding at 3months?? It made me mad but I didnt say anything because I knew I wouldnt have insurance by then so it didnt matter and left.--Fastforward to today, my son is 3 mo 1 day and I get a call from the office where they do the ultrasounds from the receptionist trying to schedule a follow up ultrasound. I told her that I wasnt going to schedule one, that I was still breastfeeding and no longer have insurance anyways. And what did she say in reply?? She said that there was no need to nurse past 3mo because all the baby needs is the colostrum anyways that formula now days is just like breastmilk but it has added vitamis so its even better!! OH MY GOD. Then she went on to say that I was being an irrisponsable mom by not getting this ultrasound..wow. I hung up and and sending a complaint. I just couldnt believe it.

AND THEN

I was at the cabana in our apartment complex yesterday waiting for my husband who works there when I ran into another mom who I thought was pretty cool. She is a long time breastfeeder/AP parenting/CD mom so we have stuff to talk about and dont usually but heads. We were talking about being tired and nursing while tired and somehow got onto the topic of bed sharing. I explained that I cosleep with the pack n play next to my bed cause I cant bed share. DH has PTSD and can get really scary and violent night terrors..I mean we had a long discussion about whether we even thought it was safe to have DS sleep in the same room.. that bad. Its not an option. I mean sometimes I nap with my son in the morning after DH leaves for work but thats it. Well she went off on me about how Im hurting my son by not bed sharing and how he needs the closeness and all this crap about how its crucial to his developement! I couldnt believe it.  Im so pissed!

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annaica
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:55 PM
The receptionist said that!?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jujubee12
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:57 PM

yeah the front desk gal. and I know exactly which one.. shes always got an attitude

Quoting annaica:

K8wizzo
by Kate on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Yikes! to both. :(  I have a benign tumor as well, that confirmed by biopsy when I was 19.  I haven't had any more ultrasounds on it since then.

annaica
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:58 PM
You're not hurting your son by not bedsharing. I think sleeping next to them is almost as good! My hubby is floppy in bed so I understand that being an issue when baby is teeny tiny. She just doesnt understand. Blow it off :)
eema.gray
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I had a lump in my breast for ages, a "left over" from a bad round of mastitis with my first born.  When I mentioned it while pregnant with my second, my MW and her supervising OB both agreed that it should be ultrasounded, but not until after I was done nursing - implication being that I would probably be nursing for at least a year.  Just let your OB know that you'll schedule a follow up ultra sound when baby is done nursing and you'll keep an eye on that area in the mean time.  :-)

I co sleep with a husband with PTSD but baby has always been between me and the wall where he cannot reach unless he wakes me up first.  It's possible if you want it but it sounds like you guys have an arrangement that works perfectly well.  I wouldn't mess with things unless YOU think you or baby needs a different arrangement.  :-)

annaica
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Omg. Like she even has much medical knowledge, what degree does she have? Maybe a medical assistant? That is like a year of school. I would complain too.

Quoting Jujubee12:

yeah the front desk gal. and I know exactly which one.. shes always got an attitude

Quoting annaica:

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Crazy ladies!!
Sorry mama :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jujubee12
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Im assuming medical billing assistant. Which is like.. less than a year. All she does is answer the phone and schedule appointments and handle billing type stuff.

I dont think they teach you about medical stuff.. its not like shes a nurse or anything. She has no business even discussing medical stuff with me, not that I would let a doctor talk to me like that either.

Quoting annaica:

Omg. Like she even has much medical knowledge, what degree does she have? Maybe a medical assistant? That is like a year of school. I would complain too.

Quoting Jujubee12:

Quoting annaica:

Jujubee12
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Quoting eema.gray:

I had a lump in my breast for ages, a "left over" from a bad round of mastitis with my first born.  When I mentioned it while pregnant with my second, my MW and her supervising OB both agreed that it should be ultrasounded, but not until after I was done nursing - implication being that I would probably be nursing for at least a year.  Just let your OB know that you'll schedule a follow up ultra sound when baby is done nursing and you'll keep an eye on that area in the mean time.  :-)

I co sleep with a husband with PTSD but baby has always been between me and the wall where he cannot reach unless he wakes me up first.  It's possible if you want it but it sounds like you guys have an arrangement that works perfectly well.  I wouldn't mess with things unless YOU think you or baby needs a different arrangement.  :-)

my husbands PTSD is really bad. Normally I can get him before he gets up out of bed and talk him down.. but hes really fast when hes asleep. He throws things too because he always thinks something is attacking him or us. Hes dont some pretty scary things like when he used to own a gun (legally) he got it, unlocked it, chambered a round and shot it 7 times before I got him to wake up. It was terrifying (we dont own any guns anymore) he has also thrown and shattered a remote for our tv and bruised my arm grabbing it and pulling on it because he thought I was trying to kill him and was posessed... We take precautions to make sure there is nothing near his bed and nothing that would look creepy in our room at night now. But weve learned that shit can still happen no matter how careful you are. :( Neither of us would be able to live with ourselves if something happened to our son. Im just glad that so far its been safe having him next to the bed. 

I feel like those are pretty legit reasons to not bed share lol. I dont know why she would get so mad. I think her husband has PTSD too (we live in a military town) and she like you can bed share. But there are varying degrees of it and everyone has different ways that it acts out.

eema.gray
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:36 PM

We didn't own guns for a very long time because mine was worried he would do exactly the kinds of thins you describe.  :-(  At this point, the worst thing that happens is him sleeping walking out to the poarch and standing guard duty until the cold wakes him up.

Quoting Jujubee12:

Quoting eema.gray:

my husbands PTSD is really bad. Normally I can get him before he gets up out of bed and talk him down.. but hes really fast when hes asleep. He throws things too because he always thinks something is attacking him or us. Hes dont some pretty scary things like when he used to own a gun (legally) he got it, unlocked it, chambered a round and shot it 7 times before I got him to wake up. It was terrifying (we dont own any guns anymore) he has also thrown and shattered a remote for our tv and bruised my arm grabbing it and pulling on it because he thought I was trying to kill him and was posessed... We take precautions to make sure there is nothing near his bed and nothing that would look creepy in our room at night now. But weve learned that shit can still happen no matter how careful you are. :( Neither of us would be able to live with ourselves if something happened to our son. Im just glad that so far its been safe having him next to the bed. 

I feel like those are pretty legit reasons to not bed share lol. I dont know why she would get so mad. I think her husband has PTSD too (we live in a military town) and she like you can bed share. But there are varying degrees of it and everyone has different ways that it acts out.

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)