Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those moms who go into another room....

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:22 PM
  • 100 Replies
1 mom liked this
Why do you go in a different room to bf? Not judging just wandering!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momma2013
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:24 PM
3 moms liked this

I might at my inlaws house just to respect my fil. But that's the ONLY time I will, otherwise I'll just leave. I don't see the purpose in "hiding" such a natural thing. But I'm also not one to show my boobs, so I at least plan to cover around strangers and men.

tgentosi
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Because we have teenage boys in the home. They dont need to see my breasts. Even with a baby attached. 

mamabens
by Miranda on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:31 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't know....I don't respect anyone who does not respect my child enough to eat wherever they are so I don't get the leaving  out of respect for someone else. Oh & I dont' use a big cover but I'm still covered & even with my DDD's no one sees my boobs.

BabyFruit Ticker

MamaDee83
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Because my husband's friends from work don't need to see his wife's breasts. :-)

embrigmom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:46 PM

I only do it when we are visting other family like my in laws and my cousin. Only because it makes them more comfterable. Wish I didn't have to specially at my in laws because there isn't really a place to sit and be comfterable while I nurse. And hate having to be away from everyone.

addyangel
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:50 PM
3 moms liked this
When I'm in someone else's home I will go to another room. DD doesn't like to be covered up when she eats, unless she's falling asleep she wants to see everything. In my own home I let it all hang out. I walk around and air the ladies hahaha! I have 2 other daughters and my feeling is someday they will have everything I have so why be embarrassed? Plus I hope they choose to BF when they have kids. And obviously hubby isn't going to mind.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kimbyann
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I stopped hiding at my in laws because we frequently go there and I felt like an outcast. It deeply affected my feelings of breastfeeding. Lately I decided idgaf.

Quoting embrigmom:

I only do it when we are visting other family like my in laws and my cousin. Only because it makes them more comfterable. Wish I didn't have to specially at my in laws because there isn't really a place to sit and be comfterable while I nurse. And hate having to be away from everyone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
embrigmom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:55 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Kimbyann:

I stopped hiding at my in laws because we frequently go there and I felt like an outcast. It deeply affected my feelings of breastfeeding. Lately I decided idgaf.

Quoting embrigmom:

I don't want to hide there, and there never asked me to. I've just always done it. Honstely don't know how they'd feel if I didn't. Brigid hates to be covered so I can't do it out in the livingroom where everybody eles is and cover her up. She gets distracted while nursing and lets go to look around, and I don't want to flash everyone my nipple. Idk will most likely just keep up with the way we are doing things.

EslingerCrew11
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I did with my first, some with my second. Didn't with my 3rd but always covered with a big blanket. With #4 I don't leave and usually only my shirt covers my boob.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
parentalrights1
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:01 PM
4 moms liked this

I just am more comfortable laying on a bed to nurse.

Otherwise, I don't believe in respecting irrational sexual attitudes toward breasts and I won't validate people's irrationality by covering. Call me extreme.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)