Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Paragard IUD?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:47 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am looking into getting this IUD since its hormone free.  My question is, I have not had a period and I am 5 months pp will getting this IUD cause me to start my period? If so I dont want to get it, I am enjoying not having a period!!!! Any other pros/cons would be great too! Thanks!

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
christineT79
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM

I got Para-guard 6 weeks PP. I am now 4 months PP & still no period. I had some spotting after I had it done but that's it. I love it so far. It was a great option for me because I don't know if I want to have any more children but I wasnt ready to have my tubes tied. I wanted a semi-perminent option that was hormone free so it wouldnt affect my supply. It's also good for 10 years so that was a plus for me too.

melindabelcher
by mel on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:59 PM
That will be unique to you, everyone is affected differently
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
busterfoxy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Quoting christineT79:

I got Para-guard 6 weeks PP. I am now 4 months PP & still no period. I had some spotting after I had it done but that's it. I love it so far. It was a great option for me because I don't know if I want to have any more children but I wasnt ready to have my tubes tied. I wanted a semi-perminent option that was hormone free so it wouldnt affect my supply. It's also good for 10 years so that was a plus for me too.

Thanks for your info! I do want more children in about a year or two but this is the only option that will work for me because I want something hormone free to because I am worried about my supply too! 

christineT79
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Quoting busterfoxy:

Quoting christineT79:

Thanks for your info! I do want more children in about a year or two but this is the only option that will work for me because I want something hormone free to because I am worried about my supply too! 

My Dr. also told me that he can take it out as soon as I decide if I want more kids even if I decided that after only having it in for a month. It was also a great option for me because I was losing my medical insurance after I had the baby because I didnt return to work so I didnt want to have to fill anything at the pharmacy since I didnt know if I would be able to afford that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)