• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First Period After Pregnancy

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:55 PM
  • 5 Replies

So, I had DD2 7 weeks ago today. This past Saturday I got my first period PP (lucky me). I was so upset that I got my period, especially since I didn't get one with DD1 until 15mo PP. Anyway, I was just wondering what your first PP periods were like. This one was pretty strange and I wanted to see if mine was normal (but I get the feeling pretty much everything is normal). I started on Saturday to an extremely heavy flow, almost scary-heavy. Sunday was a regular heavy flow day, Monday was a "regular" day, then today I have practically nothing. Is this normal? It doesn't feel normal to me. Thoughts?

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
K8wizzo
by Kate on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Anything is normal at this stage of the game.  If you're soaking more than 1 pad per hr for 4 hrs in a row, call doc or go to the er, otherwise just ride it out.

jessihernandez
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:02 PM

I figured, thanks!

Quoting K8wizzo:

Anything is normal at this stage of the game.  If you're soaking more than 1 pad per hr for 4 hrs in a row, call doc or go to the er, otherwise just ride it out.

melindabelcher
by mel on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Exactly

Quoting K8wizzo:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommytobe100392
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:13 AM
I got my first period on the 20th and my little obey is 5months old.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
arenay7
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Mine have been SUPER heavy and super long. :-( Nothing to be too concerned about but the constant cramping and heavy flow is NO fun when I was so used to have normal periods prior to baby. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)